Maly Modelarz 2001-04-05 Dr.1

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Ron, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Ron

Ron Member

Hi all

I've added another model to the continuously growing pile :) I've had Maly's Dr.1 sitting around for some time now just beckoning to me to start. 2 years ago I started this one only to find that the former material I was using was too thick. If you're going to build this one, use 1mm or just slightly under. Anything over will not work.

The construction starts with building a superstructure that almost seems strong enough to stand on :) If things are cut with care, everything goes together nicely and is almost self-squaring. The fuselage panels (2 sides, bottom and top panels) are all separate and need to be glued with care to make sure that everything lines up. I should have snapped pics of the formers but got way ahead of myself when I saw that everything fit as advertised.

Next in line will be the cockpit interior. More pics to come :)
  2. Gil

Gil Active Member

What's the engine look like? I'm stalled on doing the pushrods and rocker arms on the Oberursel U1. Fuselage does look "hefty",

Best, Gil

P.S. Need a new Picture of the Week...,
  3. Bebok1

Bebok1 New Member

4. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Gil, you are obsessed.... But then, aren't we all?!!

5. Gil

Gil Active Member

I like viciously tanacious...., more to the point.

P.S. Bebok, very nice building job. What scale is the model and did you articulate the engine (does it rotate).