Mall show's over

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Been off to show this weekend, and am catching up on "the-gauge", and unwinding. We set up 16' X 44', and the layout ran well all weekend. With modules, there is a potential disaster every four feet, and that didn't happen this time. The narrow gauge ran "perfect", and my C&O H8 allegheny looked great with twentyeight feet of HO scale train behind it. Posted some pics of the N scale modules that were there, in N and Z, and I'll tack one on here of the H8.
Pete

Attachments

• caitville.jpg
    caitville.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 88

shamus

Registered Member
Hi Pete, glad all went well, you know the say, "If it can go wrong,it will" Nice looking photo that, got any more please.

Shamus

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
The lighting was 'poor' to say the least, so not many good pics, but here's what I could salvage.

Attachments

• c25attower.jpg
    c25attower.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 51

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
And, a second shot of the allegheny at "caitville". The light, and the camera, and my lack of skill as a photographer, don't do justice to the module where I shot the allegheny. This is a superbly detailed scene, done by Paul Rogers, a member of the modular group.

Attachments

• 2-6-6-6.jpg
    2-6-6-6.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 46
Pete,
Beautiful photos, I wish there were meets here on American outline stuff (even 1/4 as good as those would suit me just fine). And I see you got your fill of running them thar hinged locos. By the way are both driver wheelsets pivoted? I've never actually taken the time to look closely at that type of model.
Gotta just love that inside frame consolidation! Mwwaaaaaahhhh.
Me likes it the best! :cool:

Errol

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Errol,
This model of the H8, is the Rivarossi. They produced the model with both engines pivoting. While this is not prototype, in the model form,operating on un-prototype curves, the double pivot helps the loco look better in the curves. The Arbour Models kit of the H8 that I'm working on, has the rear engine fixed under the boiler.
Oh, I never get my fill of running them thar hinged locos, more, more!, I'm still not satisfied !!
Pete

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Woodie,
I think I responded to Errol about trees, and extend the same offer to you. If you're ever making a trip which takes you through Chicago, try to schedule a layover, and contact me. Trees are easy, not quick, but easy.
Pete

kf4jqd

Nice pictures!

Pete:

I like those pictures. Jessica and I were suppose to go to Green Bay, WI this past weekend for a train show. We had a snow storm. Over a foot here! Needless to say, we didn't go. :(

Andy