making your home made extended exhaust pipe

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by tnx, Aug 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tnx

tnx Member

hey guys, as u might know i use oil plus formula fuel, that oil thats in the fuel also come out of my exhaust and it makes my car look like %$#@ coz it gets all over the wheel and arms...so i made an extension on th exhuast, and heres how do do it:

FIRST THING U MUST DO:
    [​IMG]

Gather these things for making ur extension exhaust:
    - a little bit of hard tubing that fits around ur stock exhaust.
    - some wire, i used just some electical wiers i found in the garage
    - a drill
    - a saw(small,fine)
    - and some elastic tape(if possible some non sticking sealing tape, but it not neccesarily)

FIRST STEP:

[​IMG]

First of all u should decide howlong u want the exhaust to be and saw it of at the right length. NOTE: when deciding what length u want the extension to be, i wud recommend getting a silicon deflector first. this way the extension will be able to bend when the car comes of a jump, bcoz if it wont and it hits the ground it can damage the stock exhaust.(This is only if u want the extension to point downswards) Then get your drill and drill a hole at 1 end of the tube, about 1 cm off the edge of it. the hole shud be just big enuf to fit in the wire.

SECOND STEP:

[​IMG]

Now get the wire and wind it round the tube once and put the end in the hole. make sure it sit tight around the tube.

THIRD STEP:

[​IMG]

Now get the tape(sealing tape first if u got that) and seal of the hole were the wire is in.(this way no fumes will get out there)
    If u dont have sealing tape just do it with your normal tape and make sure it seals the hole. While doing this make sure the wire sticks out to the edge of the tube(see next pic).

FOURTH STEP:

[​IMG]

Put ur tube on the stock exhaust and then put the wire round something near the exhaust and wind it around that. this way it wont fall off. U can then cut off the wire if u didnt do that earlier. U can chose if u want it to spit out the fumes down or up,sideways, whatever u like.(i used down so the oil will drip onto the ground)

i hope u guys will have use of it.

MzzLz Tim
  2. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

a lot of tape lol. but good idea.so do you still get any oil at all on the truck from the exaust?
  3. tnx

tnx Member

dunno yet only built it yesterday and havent cleand my car so i cant see if it gets drity, altho i did drive 1/2 a tank with it and for all i know it didnt get on the tire becoz i was driving on the road(without the extension it gets loads of oil on it) and now it was just as dry as b4 soo....seemed to work :D[8D][:p]
  4. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

that tape dont melt?
  5. tnx

tnx Member

no it doesnt, the tube does misform around the silicon but doesnt stick 2 it, so u must make sure the the tube u use is hard tubing. but it doesnt melt only disforms in the front a little bit. and because the tube only disforms the tape doesnt melt :)
  6. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

7. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

I just bought one for like 3 bucks
  8. tnx

tnx Member

how boring...i like making them myself, isnt that whats it about?
  9. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

ya man i liek makin my own stuff.just as much fun as driving the thing and more satisfying if u no what i mean
  10. tnx

tnx Member

well i do :)
  11. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

thats true
  12. tnx

tnx Member

and i like to invent stuff, coz thats what im good at lolz. and u can see what ur OWN product helps, and just gives some satisfaction:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.