Make it look real--

Discussion in 'Weathering Forum' started by jr switch, Nov 21, 2007.

1. jr switch

jr switch Member

Some of you saw the photos of the 4-8-2 Mountain that I had weathered by Miles Western. Just got it back a few days ago and wanted to make some comments on how it looks---
    I can weather my own engines and rolling stock up to a point, but I wanted to see what a pro can do. Miles works from many photos of the prototype, captures the ageing, staining and general appearence of an engine or car that has seen years of dirt, grime, and possibly hard use. He is able to completely hide every bit of that " toy look " and make it look like a miniature of the real thing which is exactly what we are all trying for on our layouts.
    I am completely satisfied with the work he did on this engine and on two diesels he did for me earlier. I would reccomend him 100% for any weathering any of you might need. He makes em look real!-----JR
  2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Glad you are happy with the results! Miles' recreation of rust is really remarkable... :thumb:

3. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

4. tetters

tetters Rail Spiking Fool!

Truely remarkable! Wow!
  5. Art Decko

Art Decko Member

Very impressive work! The corrosion and rust treatments are especially nice.
  6. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

WOW Miles, I love the grain elevator!!!! It looks AWESOME!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  7. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

the mountain AND the elevator look AMAZING miles,your work amazes me :thumb: and actually got me started to try and weather my own rollingstock :mrgreen:.great work,and im glad JR really got what he payed for :thumb::mrgreen::eek:.--josh
  8. rogerw

rogerw Active Member

very nice work miles
  9. very nice and I like the wood walkway on the top of the engine. That looks so much like old wood.
  10. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

That steam engine looks really great! My compliments. I really like the rust look - very realistic.
  11. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Some pretty nice work.
  12. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Thanks everyone. To see more, always check my link in my signature, I just Updated it yesterday.

As a note: I have done all scales from N to 1:20.3 scale, so I can handle whatever you mail my way. Drop me an e-mail if you're interested in anything. I'm always willing to work with you to get exactly what you want. :)

If you're not in the market for anything, at the very least I hope the photos on my site will insprire you to try weathering for yourself! :D