Maison Francais

Discussion in 'Architecture Models' started by Cut 'n' Paste, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

Here are pictures of the model I have made of the house I am having built here in France. It is a fairly typical French "pavillion" (bungalow). I will post the files of the model if there is interest.

The model files have the wooden porch supports in card, though for this prototype I used wooden pieces. The scale is about 1:80th but can be rescaled to HO or OO if anyone wants that.

Attached Files:

2. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Nice job Graham!! I wish more people would do models like this. Sometimes it seems to me that the super-complicated buildable only by papermodel gods type of models scare people away instead of attracting them. I mean they're interesting and I certainly respect their talent and artistic ability but really, how many people will actually build them?

Please post your plans. I am certainly interested.
  3. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Nice looking house.:)

Every time I see a house with a covered porch I always think it would be nice to screen it in so you could sit out on the porch at night and not have the bugs bother you. Also, provide removable insulated glass panels so you could sit out on the porch in the cold weather and enjoy the scenery.
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Interested! Wheres the pool? :)
  5. Castlle Of Graham

Thats a nice living, thats more better than my barn on the tenth floor. I like to have a copy please?

6. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

Files available

I've got the files ready, but I'm having difficulty uploading them to the downloads section. They're in a zipped folder and when I try uploading the file it goes through all the uploading but hangs right as the progress bar is full. I don't get any error messages. Any ideas?

In the meantime, anyone who wants the files can send me a PM with an email address and I'll send them direct.

PS the prototype is now in the office of the builder!
  7. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

The real thing

Just for fun - here's what it looks like at the moment -

PS : someone asked about the pool - well, the inside of the house has about 3" of water in it, as the roof was put on after a bad rain storm!
  8. Maison Graham

Please send me the files. I give the house a place on my modelrailroad. Many thanks.

9. Ponytail

Ponytail Member

Hello Graham,

I see there's interest for he house.:thumb:
    Are you gonna put the files in this Forums Download-section?

Greetings from Holland:wave:

10. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

See my post a couple back - I'm having problems.
  11. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

Hello, all.

I'm no longer having difficulty. I combined the files into one PDF then zipped it into a .rar file that came in at under 1.5 Meg, so after a bit of a wait it uploaded. Now waiting for approval. Keep checking the Architecture and Buildings section of the Downloads.

Thanks for all the comments.

12. Patience is gold so you can see.

When there is time,
    there is paper.

13. Gpatrick

Gpatrick New Member

14. Yeah, porches are the predicessors to an enlarged room. You start with "Hey it would be great to sit out there in the summer enjoy the breeze. Eat out there etc. Then come the screens, which later are followed by enclosre of some sort. Eventually carpet and the wall to the living room gets knocked out and Walla an enlarged room. No more sitting on the front porch enjoying the breeze. So--- we build a new porch in front of that one and it begins again"
  15. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Looks like u have a beautiful setting there for your new house. I am jealous!
  16. corypoole

corypoole New Member

Cool idea. I might have to model some of the different places I've lived. Thanks!