Maintenance rail car - hand made

Chris74

Jun 3, 2010
Romania
As a rookie with low budget in this great hobby, and having a few rolling stock cars and locomotives, I have thought it would be nice to try a different type of vehicle - so I decided to make a draisine (as we call this type of rail cars in Europe).

This is the original vehicle, as far as I know it's a Polish vehicle - AGMa its name, also used in Romania, Russia and probably a few other countries.
DSC_3839.jpg

DSC_3846.jpg

(Photos by my Romanian fellow modelist Sogard2003 - thanks! )

So, I started using ordinary materials, some plastic (for the chassis and the crane arm), wire (thin for suspension "wings" plus brake shoes, and steel wire for the other things), a little bit of cardboard (for the cylinders on the chassis belly) and super-glue.

drezina_1.jpg

drezina_2.jpg

And then, a better painting...

dre1.jpg

dre2.jpg

You may also notice some round thingies on the crane arm - a cog-wheel and two pairs of nuts (taken from a clock - I gave the nuts a round shape using a nail file, as I had not four real little wheels).
dre4.jpg

And finally, some other details attached and... voila! It's alive! IT'S ALIVE !!!
drezina6.jpg

drezina8.jpg

drezina9b.jpg

drezina9d.jpg

Thank you for watching. :wave:
Chris

Z

Zathros

What an awesome car! That is so cool! Truly a model to be proud of! :)

Chris74

Jun 3, 2010
Romania
Thank you very much, sir! Actually a thing made out of "nothing", to say so, gives you a lot of satisfaction... and this is the case here, all hand made - except wheels. I have had to guess some dimensions, due to the lack of precise building plans, yet I dare to say it looks well.

Z

Zathros

You don't have to dare anything, it looks great! You might want to start saving the templates to these models. People would want to reproduce them, and you could find yourself being a designer of note! :)

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
I've been in the hobby longer than I care to remember, and I certainly could not come up with this out of "nothing"...
As they say..."When you've got it...You got it.."

Excellent job..!!