maintaining

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by alienboy, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alienboy

alienboy New Member

is it hard to maintain a rustler or t-maxx if ur new to nitro cuz im new to nitro and going to get a rustler or t-maxx which is better to maintain for a new person.
  2. trxtalon

trxtalon Member

3. trxtalon

trxtalon Member

is easier
  4. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

But a T-maxx if far superior and well worth the extra money. You will not out-grow it as fast as you would a rusty. And the first upgrade should be the aluminum bulkheads. You will make up the $60 or $70 bucks they cost in plastic bulkheads.
  5. trxtalon

trxtalon Member

a rustler is lighter and faster then a t-maxx! what are you talking about spending money on bulkheads? the rustler can fly farther and higher then the t-maxx. the rustler is a stable truck to drive. i would have to say go for the rustler.
  6. Skullbasher

Skullbasher New Member

hhmm well i would have to say they are probably pretty close to exacly the same to maintain... they have the same engine...i would have to say get a rustler instead of the t-maxx but if you like monster trucks better i would say get a savage 25... my cousin got one and its very simple to tune and maintain... it all depends on what you want, i got a rustler for my first nitro car and its a real great truck for beginners. Just get used to the speed of nitro cars before you go to crazy with em
  7. timrock

timrock Active Member

i would get the rustler.it is cheaper and you can spend the money you save from buying that instead to get all the good upgrades such as ball bearings,the steel drive yokes...
    i have an Electric Rustler.i beat the #@$% out of it;putting alot of horse power to it.probably twice the amount as the Nitro 2.5 that comes with it and it kickes a s s on the street.0-40 2.5 seconds.i striped out the idler gear once and replaced it with the same stock,plastic one and it hasnt stripped out again yet after running it several more times.you can upgrade to the metal gears if need be.
  8. timrock

timrock Active Member

as far as maintainence,i dont know.i hate nitro.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.