magnetic windmill

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
HEY ZATH!!!
I just got done watching a bunch of utubes on modifying a pen laser into an actual heat ray. seems real. looks handy, might even be good for soldering and using on worbly sheets. heating up plastics for push molding and tempering fine wire. I mean, who doesn't need a real laser?!?!?

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Some people use the Lasers from Blue Ray players to make Laser pistols as the Blue Beam is really visible. Those would be cool for a diorama. :)

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
they are visible without any kind of medium to shine thru? thats awsome i will have to try that, whats the voltage on the actual diode?

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I'm pretty sure the the Blue-Ray recorders are the ones you want. They'll have a Higher wattage beam. It's a great Video! I thought he was going to shoot the cat, which would have had me track him down with my Winchester. He didn't. I don't even think he was thinking about it, but was smart enough to write "NOT THE CAT" as it appeared as the next ready target. :)

Reactions: spaceagent-9

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You have to super extremely beyond all belief careful with Lasers. I used to make a Calibration tool that was Laser based, and let me till you that when you get a nanosecond Laser blast in your eye, you just killed the rods and cones involved. The units I made sold for $125K and to be honest, despite decent pay, I quit and went into my own repair business, ( and quickly found out I could make more in two days, than a week working for that outfit!) . I had to sign a signature of "Non Disclosure" with them, but that is over, and what I would have designed for them on the mechanical aspect, the mount, the calibration methodology, would have given them a product, producible in house, as they had a CNC machine, and would have made that business far more successful. If it wasn't for his statement that "Hispanics" are an excitable race, I may have taken him up on his offer to make the prototype, but I told him that my "excitable" nature exerted itself, and I could not find it within myself to work for a person who's race displayed a violent nature. Boy, did he get mad. I laughed all the way home. A year later, I ran across one of the engineers and he told me the owner ranted about me everyday for almost 1/2 a year. I had showed him my drawings, but never left him with anything. We had discussed which CNC machines to buy and the way to implement, but his Liver spilled out of his mouth. I had a pretty successful repair shop, but got really tired of people, the ones who don't appreciate people who work with their minds and their hands.

So be careful with those things, they are dangerous, and if you take out the eye of some kid, who picks up your toy and shoots himself in the eye, you're going to jail. Stick with the windmills. I found some really good websites on making blades using PVC pipe. Google it! :)

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
repairs are the money makers! everywhere i ever worked selling, it was the repairs to existing product that were the bread and butter of the companies.