Magic Photo Contest

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
The MAGIC Photo contest is all about using your imagination and ingenuity to make a photo up using the computer, and to bring it to life.
You can just have a model of something with a prototype background, or really go to town and create something special. That is entirely up to you.

What ever you decide, it must have some form of computer enhancement and must contain some part of a model railroad in it.

This contest will run for 21 days from the 1st September.

THIS IS FOR PHOTOGRAPHS ONLY PLEASE
Shamus

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Just dropped in to post this magic photo, H0 trestle with RDC - N-scale structures at the rear, - real background.
magiccontest.jpg

Shamus

Here is a photo I can't entirely claim credit for.

The photo, taken by Ray Schofield, was of his friend's O scale 2-8-0.

With Ray's consent I edited his photo in PhotoShop, adding smoke and steam. I then desaturated the colour from the shot and played around with the colour balance to produce this "aged" sepia-toned photo.

It was a particular challenge as the loco was on a girder bridge and in front of another bridge in the background. The "smoke" and "steam" was in front of some girders and behind others which made for some interesting editing.

I don't know if this one qualifies as I was only partly responsible for the final image.

Gavin

Attachments

• ray schofield02_sepia.jpg
    ray schofield02_sepia.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 273
J

jmarksbery

contest

Sorry I placed too many pics for the contest, duh, so I choose this one to enter.
Mountain Run
The background is real, the engines are my N gauge ones, the smoke is not real and the pines in the foreground were added

Attachments

• mt run.jpg
    mt run.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 234

johan

Jan 8, 2001
Visit site
Nice set of photographs, I really like the one by Shamus as it is a true bit of magic using real backdrop with H0 and N as the subjects.

Johan

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Nice one 88fan, glad you made it. Some great photos in here, be had to judge a winner.

Shamus

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Just to remind you all that Saturday is the last day for the contest.
Soooo, if you haven't taken the photo, better hurry.
Shamus