Mad Max 1973 Ford Falcon XB GT Coupe V8

loenf

Jul 12, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Hi,
this is the model of a 1973 Ford Falcon XB GT Coupe, the limited GT351 version shown in the Movie Mad MaxII. For the movie the Car was a little bit modified, some special fuel tanks etc. Wenn I build the model I was not sure if I should ad the windshield wiper, in one scene the Falcon got some in the next they have gone :confused:( they used several cars, at the view out of the car you can see wipers, if they show max in his car there are no wipers!) My decision no wipers! By the way many thanks for Cláudio Dias, for this nice model, I built already his Delorean (BTTF) and I am not be averse to build more of his movie cars. I am plan to build also a diorama. Here are some pics:

regards Loenf

max0.jpg max1.jpg max2.jpg max3.jpg max4.jpg max5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

loenf

Jul 12, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Some more Mad max Interceptor

Here are some more pics, some of the movie mistakes ae also attached

Attachments

• max6.jpg
    max6.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 10
  • m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 11
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 8
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 10
  • m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 11
Z

Zathros

Beautiful job!! Lots of hard work in there and it paid off. The details you put it really made the car pop, and it's weathered look just takes it over the top!:thumb:

Dented Rick

Human
Mar 15, 2011
Killeen, TX
Definetly one Cool Beans Awesome build. Excellent job. Currently im building the APC from Aliens, but after seeing this build, I may have to shuffle the order and do the Falcon next. Thanks for sharing. :thumb:

paper hollywood

Yes. Nice build. Looks fine with the wipers. Movie continuity folks never planned on DVD scrutiny. Nowadays they do. The other day I read an interview with Rick Baker that he has to create full closeup masks for all the background aliens in the Men in Black films.

I never realize Max's car was a Falcon or that Ford continued the Falcon model in Australia. In the states, of course, the Falcon was replaced in '70 by the Maverick, which was basically a Falcon with a Mustang-ish body on it. I'm very familiar with this since my first car was a Maverick, purchased new in '71. It was the first of the Grabber package, which had a a flat black hood detail, a stripe on the side and what they called "sportlamps"-- amber lights in the grill with a separate add-on switch under that dash. I never really used those lights, but somehow I was glad they were there.

loenf

Jul 12, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Diorama

Hi,
I just finished my Mad max diorama. Here is a little update with some Pictures of my apokalyptic outback diorama.

regards Loenf

Attachments

• maxdio1.jpg
    maxdio1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 14
  • maxdio2.jpg
    maxdio2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 13
  • maxdio3.jpg
    maxdio3.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 10
  • maxdio4.jpg