Macross Valkyrie from Do You Remember Love?

Does anyone know if there is a free model out there of the Valkyrie from Macross Do You Remember Love? :confused: The one with the double cannon on the right shoulder. I haven't been able to find one yet.wall1 Maybe I just haven't looked deep enough yet.:rolleyes: Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd

57townsman

I've only seen a white version of the Super Valkyrie, the one with the fast packs but no cannons. It used to be on a Japanese site but I can't find it now. The model is available in cyberspace , try a Google search. It should be a fairly easy conversion to the Strike version.

SteveK

Found it......

Thanks Getter for the link to the Super Valk! :thumb: Looks like I'll have to break out my hardcover DYRL fan book for the data on the conversion.:cry: I'm no good at CAD, so it will be trial and error. Thanks everybody for the help!:mrgreen:

Todd

The hunt continues.....

Hey PID, thanks for the links! :thumb:The first link I hadn't been to yet, They have a Valkyrie that is very nice. I just downloaded it!

I did find a link for a Strike Valk on another Spanish site I believe, but the file is not there.:curse: The name of the file was canones.zip. Does anyone possibly have this file?!:cry:

The hunt continues........:cool:

Thanks again PID,

Todd

Getter1

Hey ltla9000311,

The only diffrence on the Strike Valk. is the right Striker pod. It has the front missle pod replaced with the gun unit. The other diffrence is the wings payload. The new missle pods would be fairly easy to scratch build, the gun pod on the other hand would be a little tougher but doable :p

The Valk in the link I provided is the best profile avaliable that I'm avare of but no textures is a pain. I thought about applying some panel lines to it but there are a few designers here that have been working on the VF-1 so maybe they will include the armor paks on those designs when they are finished with the main unit.

G1

Getter, who is it that has been working on the VF-1 series? Not that I would harras them about finishing.:twisted: Unfortunately I am very analog when it comes to design. Give me a piece of paper, a t-square, a triangle and a lead holder, and I'll go to town!:thumb: I would sit and do that right now, but my drawing table is currently buried under a couple of different paper projects right now.:eek:ops: I have several different free programs, gmax, blender etc, on the computer, but every time I try to learn how to use them I just become frustrated!wall1 It's about the same with Pepakura, I just don't quite "get it". The reason why I state this is because I feel like I really can't contribute back to everybody here on the forum.:cry:

As for the Strike Valkyrie, from DYRL. I have what I believe is a limited edition hardcover book from Japan about Macross DYRL. It has a cardboard slipcover for the outside to protect it. As soon as I get the camera charged up, I'll post some pics of the outside. It does have a wealth of information for Macoss DYRL fans. If I can contribute to anyone on the forum with this I will. Although I don't have a scanner, besides that would be copyright infringement, right? :confused:

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate the info!:thumb:

Todd

57townsman

Hey, is that the Gold Book? Well, silver book with gold slipcover :mrgreen: That's a really good reference work, and plenty of color pics as well.

SteveK

As for the Strike Valkyrie, from DYRL. I have what I believe is a limited edition hardcover book from Japan about Macross DYRL. It has a cardboard slipcover for the outside to protect it. As soon as I get the camera charged up, I'll post some pics of the outside. It does have a wealth of information for Macoss DYRL fans. If I can contribute to anyone on the forum with this I will. Although I don't have a scanner, besides that would be copyright infringement, right? :confused:

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate the info!:thumb:

Todd

Yep it is! :thumb: I got it about, well lets see....I'm almost 38....I was in high school when I bought it....yep 20 years ago.:eek:

Attachments

• Picture 057.jpg
    Picture 057.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 28

57townsman

Yup, that's the one :thumb: That's about when I bought mine too. I bought it new in Little Tokyo mid 1980s. Did you get the film strip bookmark and Valkyrie poster with yours?:cool:

SteveK

Yep it is! :thumb: I got it about, well lets see....I'm almost 38....I was in high school when I bought it....yep 20 years ago.:eek:

Dyrl....

57, no, I didn't know it came with those!:mad: What do they look like? I got mine in Sacramento, Ca. It was in my local comic shop, not wrapped in shrink-wrap at all. It had some damage on the back, it looks like someone hit it with the end of a pen a couple of a dozen times.:cry: I think it was something someone traded in for something else for some store credit. I got it for 100.00 at the time. I couldn't afford the 100.00 so I put half down, and paid the balance the next week.:mrgreen: I knew when I opened it, it was special. It was like the Heavens opened up in my hands!:eek: I haven't seen one since! It is the center-piece to my Anime "mook" collection. I would love to collect more books, I just don't have the cash right now.wall1 Any other info you've got would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Todd