Macross: Prometheus and Daedalous WIP

wulf111

I promised you all a surprise so here they are the Prometheus and Daedalous from the original Macross Saga i still have a lot of details to add on before unfolding and test build. i am not really sure as to the scale of them but i would like to have them about 10-12 inches in length. i totally suck at doing textures so if any out there can help please let me know.

Attachments

• Daedalous.jpg
    Daedalous.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Promethous.jpg
    Promethous.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 53

maximiliano

those look just great!!!nice work wulff!!It would be nice to make them a little bit bigger and scale down the valks to put them all together....as a diorama!!congrats

wulf111

sneak peak of SDF1

i use gmax is the freeware version of 3DS Max. although it is a little limited on the export formats. it can import .3ds but not export them you have use use a plug-in and a second app to export to 3ds. i have a ton of stuff i have done most in the TREK universe. i have another tease shot for you all but i do not know if it will ever make it as a paper model due to the complexity of it. once it is complete if someone wants to take a stab at it they are more then welcome

*edit* added a more updated shot of the now completed model

Attachments

• SDF1.jpg
    SDF1.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 29
  • SDF1a.jpg
    SDF1a.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 33

ThunderChild

First off, let me just say that your Carriers look great! My suggestion if you are not going to tackle the entire SDF, is to make these stunningly detailed! My Daedalus and Promethius are only about 10cm long, and thus not so detailed.

I will start a new thread on the entire SDF soon, I don't want to highjack this one... :twisted:

ThunderChild

Ok, highjack...

Ok, so I can't contain myself... I'll keep the pics on topic though... :eek:ops:

Attachments

• SDFhd_06.jpg
    SDFhd_06.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 28
  • SDFhd_07.jpg
    SDFhd_07.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 29

wulf111

First off, let me just say that your Carriers look great! My suggestion if you are not going to tackle the entire SDF, is to make these stunningly detailed! My Daedalus and Promethius are only about 10cm long, and thus not so detailed.

making them very detailed is the plan. i have alot of references for both ships and will be correcting quite a few mistakes. the one thing i don't have is any info on the the normal propulsion system, basically the thruster pods under the stern.

wulf111

another question for you guys. what program do you use to unfold the models and make them a PDF file??

Janx

There is a guy over on the Macross World forum who has made a 6 foot RC model of the Deadalus with a lot of interior detail, good for research have a look :)

wulf111

small update

small update on the Daedalous, i think i worked out the details for the rear of the ship but it is hard to find any references so i had to use a little logic and imagination.

Attachments

• Daedalous2.jpg
    Daedalous2.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 23
  • Daedalous3.jpg
    Daedalous3.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 19

wulf111

i was going back through my reference material and playing around with the Daedalous some and came to the conclusion that the lower hull was totally wrong and restarted it from scratch i would have to say the new lower hull looks alot better and probably shaved a few polys off.

Attachments

• Daedalous4.jpg
    Daedalous4.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 19

wulf111

Main hull complete now begining to work the the bridge units.

How am i doing so far?

Attachments

• Daedalous5.jpg
    Daedalous5.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 35

wulf111

sorry about taking so long with any updates i have been busy both at work and home and haven't had any time to work on this. hopefully i will have some time this weekend to finish up the Daedalous model and work on the Prometheus some.

ThunderChild

I was just thinking about bumping this for an update! :D
No worries mate. I know precisely what real life can do to a model wip. Just ask my Destroids! :p