Macon Pallet Co.

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
My cheap scanner won't do a good job on the sign but oh well. I made the sign by masking off a portion of the brick and spraying it white. Then made a water slide decal on my puter and overlaid it, then soaked the decal with decal softner to have it mold to the brick. Sprayed that with a few coats of dulcote. Inspite of the scan it looks great in real life, just like it was painted on the building.

Attachments

• mp1.jpg
    mp1.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 190

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Visit site
I threw away the roof and roof details (put em' in the junk box actually) and used metal roofing more typical of here. Rusted the roof with Rustall. The chimmney was made from pieces of Plastastruc, and the "concrete" loading dock/foundation from balsa wood. The extension facing the camera was shortened by about 3/4. The rest is just paint and weathering.

Attachments

• mp2.jpg
    mp2.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 187

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Very nice work, Tyson!
All the changes you made make what was once a fairly generic $2.00 kit, much more of a craftsman project, & something that is unique to your RR, & therefore very realistic...
That's exactly what I like about those cheapo kits...with some knives, files, saws, paint, glue, & some imagination,you can transform a box full of pieces into something of your very own.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Now this is a great example of kit bashin. Tyson, the way it blends into the scene shows you have artistic talents. I love all those trees to which add a feeling of realism.
Nicely done.
Your camera works fine but a nice digital would make it easier for both of us.

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Visit site
The camera's not the problem, the photo's are crystal clear with excellent color. It's my freaky scanner that sometimes does a good job and sometimes not. With a digital I won't have to use the d*amn thing, course only the super high $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ones have a shutter speed setting so you lose a lot of depth of field. Thanks for the kind comments and for putting up with my Jeckle & Hyde scanner ! :D