Mackenzie Milling

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by JBBVry, Dec 22, 2004.

1. JBBVry

JBBVry Member

here is the Mackenzie milling co i am building from scratch i bought a copy kit that was very bad. I got a good set of Instructions from a guy on the net and have been able to re do most of the kit so far here are 5 pics of it as it isnow about 65% done with the building.

Attached Files:

• mm1.JPG
      File size:
      59.3 KB
    • mm2a.jpg
      File size:
      31.8 KB
    • mm3a.jpg
      File size:
      33 KB
    • mm4.JPG
      File size:
      58.1 KB
    • mm5a.jpg
      File size:
      24.4 KB
  2. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Looking good. Fred
  3. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Looks great Paul!!!!

4. JBBVry

JBBVry Member

well here is the mill allmost done now to build the base for it.

Attached Files:

5. jetrock

jetrock Member

Very pretty kit...I like the decayed roof!
  6. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Looks fantastic Paul. Nice work. :thumb: Fred
  7. philip

philip Guest

Nice work Paul! :thumb:

8. jkristia

jkristia Member

Great looking building. Are you planning on doing more weathering on the building? Personally I would probably do some heavy weathering of the walls and signs, maybe it's just the photo, but I think they appear to be in much less deteriorated than the rest of the building.

9. JBBVry

JBBVry Member

Everything will get a lot more weathering once it gets put on the base. right now i am about 85% done with the building and 0% done with the base i think the base will take me at lest 2 to 3 weeks to do right. this is a scratch built FSM kit so i am having to find things that will work I spent most of last night going through my parts boxes looking for things to use. found some still need more. will post some more as it goes.
  10. JBBVry

JBBVry Member

Here is what i found walking the tracks this cold christmas eve morning.

Attached Files:

• mm22.JPG
      File size:
      43.6 KB
  11. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Nice work Paul, but it looks like we should send Robin over to make some "cerealboard" shingles.
  12. trainking49

trainking49 New Member

You did a great job. Looks really great. Ralph
  13. jkristia

jkristia Member

wow, that last photo looks just fantastic. I assume it your building on a diorama, but I can't really tell if it's the real thing or not. I have been scrolling up and down several times now to check details, and every detail on the 'real' picture matches the details on your model, that's why I assume it's your model, but I can't really tell. If the picture is the real thing, then your model is a fantastic model of it, and if the picture is a diorama, then your model is a fantastic looking model. How many times did I say "fantastic" :)

great building.

14. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Fantastic work Paul!

15. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Wow - that last photo is a knockout!!!!! Amazing work!!!

16. JBBVry

JBBVry Member

that was a pic of it on my mobile photo base. i just hadto make a few pics of it to see how it looked in Sepia tone. and i think it looks pretty good. i will post a pic of the whole thing as soon as i get it done. The base for this kit is the hardest part.
  17. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

That's amazing work you've done there, Paul! Thumbs up for you! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  18. JBBVry

JBBVry Member

Ok guys here it is 90% done so far.

Attached Files:

19. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Looks excellent!
    "Honey...Where'd you park the car?"
  20. JBBVry

JBBVry Member

here are the rest of the pics.

Attached Files: