Mack Truck; Master Modeling Class

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Gil, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Gil

Gil Active Member

2. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

“This has to be one of the more memorable of all card builds.”

That is truly an understatement.

3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Man...........that just ain't right. :shock:

It's hard to tell which picture is of the model and which is the "real" truck.

Where is that guy who said " paper models will never equal what can be achieved with plastic."

How does he cut out the parts? Like the tire sidewall. There was no center point for a circle cutter, and if he free-handed it I will never have that steady of a hand.

4. Kaz

Kaz Member

Mack Truck

This is truly awe inspiring
  5. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

It's builds such as this which prove to me that in card modeling, a model is actually built and not just slapped together. It takes a hell of a lot of skill to produce a model of this caliber...skill I totally admire, as I do the skill of Swinger and Leif Oh and other fine builders.

Beautiful work on the truck!
  6. Gil

Gil Active Member

One thing that impresses me the most is the ingenuity exercised in the creation of the subject. It is an encyclopedia of technique.

7. jasco

jasco Member

Oh, Come On!

I can't even make two circles the exact same size with a circle cutter! This demonstrates the kind of results that are possible that keeps me involved in this hobby.The bar is set very high indeed.
  8. Firstscout

Firstscout New Member

I wouldn't be surprized if you could put a drop of fuel in it and it would drive off..

Very empresive.