Mac software

brucemac11

Jan 19, 2006
Does anyone know of Mac software for layout design? I've found some European venders but didn't see Peco in their library. Love my Mac and this is sometimes the price one pays...shortage of software. Thanks, Bruce

brucemac11

Jan 19, 2006
Shortliner, I see you're a member of the Yahoo group. Someone there is also looking for Peco to add. Where do I get a copy of the program? Thanks, Bruce

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
Sorry to say Bruce that it will not get better. :curse: With Apple now having less than 3% of the market and with Microsoft slowly selling off their shares in Apple (reported in the Toronto Star business section in early Jan. 2006) things don't look good. Even Adobe is not developing new product for MAC. The latest Premiere package is WindowsXP only. Others are rumored to be windows only in the future.

shortliner

Dec 23, 2004
Bruce - since it is now open source, there are, as I say, people working on porting it to the Mac. AFAIR one is Jonathon Beyer - Put a query on the Group explaining what you are after, and I'm sure that you will get replies. I can let yo have full size templates for Peco turnouts, if that will help, but you would need to tell me which ones you need - BTW, This won't be breaking copyright as I got verbal permission from PECO at the AMRSS show in Glasgow last month. They are considereing adding the templates to their web-site, but this will be a slow-time job, and in the meantime it is okay for me to send them out. You will need to email me direct so I can send them, chacmool at lineone dot net

Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands