MAAM World War II Weekend 2006

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by DrBill, Dec 26, 2006.

1. DrBill

DrBill Member

My son and I attended the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum's "World War II Weekend" in June, and I've finally gotten around to editing and captioning a selection of photos that I took during the event -- mostly concentrating on WWII aircraft. MAAM is located at the Reading Regional Airport in Reading, Pennsylvania, and they've been putting on a re-enactment weekend for about 16 years. They have also had a major restoration project underway since 1992 -- bringing a P-61 Black Widow recovered in New Guinea back to flying condition. The photos in this set are more for reference interest than anything else and can be found at (a view of the set that lets you see the captions) or for a slideshow. I have quite a few more photos of some of the aircraft (especially the Avengers and the Lancaster) if anyone needs reference material for a modeling project. Let me know offline what you're looking for, and I'll check to see if I have anything of use.

It's not exactly paper modeling, but I've used museum and airshow photos extensively for detailing paper models. Suggestions are more than welcome.

2. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Very nice shots!

Would be a very cool event to go to. :grin:
  3. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

Thanks Bill!
    I really enjoyed looking at your pics.
    -Jim G
  4. OldSalt

OldSalt Member

I had no idea there was a flying Lancaster out there! Thanks for the pics!
  5. i live in Reading , Pa. and every year the mid atlantic museum's ww2 week end gets better and starts with an "invasion" of down town Reading with waffen SS troopers, but after some "air support" the allies liberate the city :)
    the air museum houses lots of restored ww2 aircraft . if anyone saw "war and remebrance" the navy transport "churchill" is stored here in Reading and the B-25 "briefing time" is also here:)
    the ww2 week end is a must for anyone that wants to see how an airfield operated during the war. they reaally capture the era of the times along with big band music and period actors:)
  6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I sooooo want to go to that. I am jealous. THATS an airshow.

I couldnt get into the first link but the second one had great pics. Thanks for sharing them.