M47 & M48 Patton Tank

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by rfktex, Jan 2, 2008.

1. rfktex

rfktex Junior Member

Hi All,
    Happy New Year!
    As my first post, I wonder if anyone has seen a commercial model for the Patton M47 and M48 Tank.

GPM shows the attached on their website as a book on the subject:
    GPM - modele kartonowe

Thanks in advance,

Russ K

WIP: P-51D Mustang (60%), Fina Tanker - too tough a first model, grew to quickly despise paper railings - will never see completion.
  2. charliec

charliec Active Member

Short answer - No.

John Griffon, who designed the Tempest and P-47 models available at Gremir models is working on an M48 model. The M47/48 are difficult subjects to design because of the extensive use of castings in the original vehicle. Eventually I guess the M48 model will be available through Gremir.

3. rfktex

rfktex Junior Member

Thanks for the great G2, Charlie.
    I was thinking that for a first armor model (a "tank model" means something to me in oil and gas) that I'd seek out a Patton tank.
    I will continue to search for a first tank, otherwise I'll do what is usual and expected and buy a bunch of different ones.

--Russ K
  4. charliec

charliec Active Member

Have a look at the Grant at Gremir (GreMir Models) - it's a reasonable challenge - not too expensive or difficult and you can print off replacement parts. It builds to a pretty impressive model. There are a couple of Grant builds reported on another forum.