M2-F2 does anyone make them?

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by GEEDUBBYA, Feb 6, 2005.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

I know everyone knows who Steve Austin, the 6 Million dollar man is.
    Well, in that tv show, he became bionic due to a plane crash, I know we all remember the scene....."Shes breaking up, shes breaking up...." this was the M2-F2 experimental lifting body aircraft. Does anyone know if there is a kit out there of this plane?

2. jzsauronzj

jzsauronzj New Member

Yep there is a resin kit available for the M2-F2 and the M2- F3 from Anigrand Craftswork www.anigrand.com . #AA-2015 1/72 scale Northrop M2-F2

I built an M2-F2 thats about 4 inches long by a company that no longer exists and I also have myself an 18 inch Desktop model issued by Northrop to NASA that is beautiful. It pays sometimes to have an old man thats a Naval Commander.

I havent tried the Anigrand Resin Kit but it definately looks nicer then the vacu-form kit I built sometime back. I have a picture of in under my modeling pages on facebook and myspace. Just look for skyrigger for my pages if you want to see it.

Good Luck

Just a side note: do you realize they royally screwed up in the opening of the 6 Million Dollar Man? Thats the M2-F3 releasing from the B-52 (notice 3 tail fins and an engine). However, when you see the plane in PIO (the rolling motion you see), its actually the M2-F2 (Notice 2 fins and no engines).

What actually happened was on May 10, 1967 Test Pilot Bruce Peterson was on flight 16 of the M-2/F2, the previously unplanned last unpowered drop from the B-52 008 at 45,000 feet. A helicopter was believed to be in the wrong position and steering clear meant Peterson lost pre-flare airspeeded needed to bring the nose up to land. He put the nose down but entered a PIO (the rolling motion you see). He recovered but was too low to make it to the runway. He couldn't judge distance and the landing gear was lowered just a second too late. For the record, he was generally headed south at the time, and barely missed the highway fence. The color cameras were set up where he had planned to land. Black & White long-range cameras were the only ones to record the crash, and the footage would become famous within only a few years on TV. Peterson never cared for "The Six Million Dollar Man" or the weekly replay of a crash that all too many at NASA blamed on "pilot error." Many, including myself, believe that the helicopter was truly in the wrong place, and that the accident could have been worse if Peterson would have struck it. Bruce Peterson was relatively unhurt in that terrible crash.