M2-F2 Design Thread

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett, Jun 4, 2007.

1. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Just so everyone, including surfduke, these will most likely be available at www.mos95b.com/surfduke once he releases them (if he continues to want me to host this stuff for him, that is).

I'm gonna have to actually make him a page for this stuff now instead of just a directory listing
  2. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

Yes! Yes!

I want You to keep up the Hosting! Please!!

You, and Mike V., are the real glue that binds these works together, (LOL)!

3. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

I hope MOS realizes how much we appreciate that he hosts all of these wonderful models.

Like Carl says, you make a great team of designer, instructor, and host.

Thanks to all.
  4. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Billy and All,

Thank you for the pictures.

Those pilots really had guts to try to "fly" a vehicle that has no wings.

Can you imagine flying one from the top of a Saturn 1B? Talk about a thrill ride.
  5. aphelion16

aphelion16 Member

Were gonna need a really big B-52 mothership !
  6. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

The B-52?

That may be a project that one of Our great Airplane designers should do. I have a full plate, (The more qualified Should take that on, (Not a novice project)). But a good one, (Open Source, (Not pay to build, (Is needed))), IMHO.

7. There is a B52 at Fiddlers Green, it needs resizing,a color change and some scrap-building...
  8. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

I have uploaded the next preview, (For the record, (The final model will be published to John's Site, (This is just to show W.I.P.))).

The Landing Gear, & Nose, need to be drawn before the paint work. I was wondering if the pilot seat, controls, & open windscreen should be done too?

Have a great day, (I have a desktop computer to jumpstart),

9. That's BIG!
    Cheers, billy
  10. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

What would be the chances of requesting a "simple" version and an advance version?

In my mind, the simple version would be kind of FG style. Closed, printed only cockpit, for those of us who stricly want a display model. The advance version could be the open cockpit, clear glass, etc version for the folks that want to get every tiny little detail...
  11. I realy love a cockpit interiour, but mos95b's suggestion is quiet clever...
    cheers, Billy
  12. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Well Go With Mr. John's Idea!

I will get it all finished up and painted this weekend. I have to get the instruction files for Skylab of the desktop, (Today). I have to go to the Cape in the morning.

Hope the detail so far works for the model, (as You guys have invisioned it).

13. Any news on this one since the switch?
    Cheers, Billy

NULLMOON Member

15. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

M2-F2 Update

http://www.mos95b.com/surfduke/M2-F2 Rev2.pdf
  16. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Extremely cooooool!:cool:
    Looks beautiful so far, Carl!
    You sure are keeping the Moonport busy!:thumb:

I guess we are going to have to go with a metallic paper, eh?

17. Letraset 180gsm Silver metallic cardboard is very good, If you can get it....
    Cheers, Billy aussie