M113 SWAT-Police-Sheriff

Discussion in 'Armory & Military' started by pantherbug, Jan 26, 2008.

1. pantherbug

pantherbug New Member

M113 and M577 are now old soldiers.

Many has been send into civilian service. Some have been civilianized with new forward and rear wheels with rubber tracks to spare the streets and received colourful paintings.

I collected all the pics I could find about those APC, but can't find detailed galeries, lerge pics or "walk around" pictures as it sems that there is a cautious attitude or some controversy about police, Sheriff or SWAT using tanks and galeries are not so numerous.

Unfolding of my stock M113-M577 is now completed. Yet I have to create civilian wheels and tracks, decide wich particular machine have special equipement like police lights, smoke pot mountings, tools attachement hooks, smiper rifle mounting, etc...

Any help, pictures, previously unseen documents, etc... are welcome!

I want to release some test model really soon.
  2. pantherbug

pantherbug New Member

Download model

A beta model has been uploaded in download section

Tracks and wheels must be done for "civilian" kit. So this is an early attempt in HO scale. Any comment is welcome. Still trying to find more consistant reference pictures.
  3. pantherbug

pantherbug New Member

I can see in download section that the models has raised some interest considering how many people have downloaded the beta test model.

Hope to have comments soon!
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

They are nice looking models and its quite the large assortment in one download!
  5. dkaniel

dkaniel Member

I like the different the versions that can be built, looks good and thanks for making it available.
  6. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

7. pantherbug

pantherbug New Member

Excellent idea. NASA had published on line extensive libraries with M113 pictures.
    As far as I remember, they are stock models with just a paint job. The only concern is adding the smoke pot mountings on the front and changing the lights... Not given on my model.
  8. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

what about isreli cemo :)