LZ-129 Hindenburg freebee

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Richard, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Richard

Richard Member

Hello everyone;

at www.amod.estranky.cz you can download a 1/200 scale model of the Hindenburg.
    Downloadlinks are on the left side of the page under 'Oblíbené odkazy'.
    Be aware that the downloads are on Zshare and can be slow sometimes!

for those interested in the battleship HMS Hood; the file named 'hood kostra 1:200' contains the frames for the hull of this ship, perhaps the model is still under developement..

2. OhioMike

OhioMike Member

Pop up adds like i havent seen in a long while, even with a pop up blocker! Watch this one!
  3. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

FREE LZ-129 "Hindenburg" 1:200 Scale Airship Model

Thanks, Richard,

A great link indeed! There are also some very nice computer graphic profile images of the LZ-129 Hindenburg and in the gallery section, some nice photos of other models, such as a wooden Drakkar Viking ship.

The three Hindenburg files appears to be .RAR files (for Windows/PC users) - Mac users (such as myself) will have to convert them, using "UnRarX" or some other suitable software.
    It is really interesting that this model is in the large and 'common' 1:200 card model airship scale, adapted by for example http://www.schreiber-bogen.com/
    I have passed the link on to the Airship Modeler Forum: http://www.airshipmodeler.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1927#post1927

I will definitely try to convert these .rar sheet files later on . . .

All the best,
    Bengt :thumb:
  4. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

RAR Files Converted

Hi all,

I just wanted to report, for the benefit of all you Mac users, that I had no trouble at all converting these RAR files with the 'UnRarX' file converter. You just drop the files into the program icon´s box and the program automatically 'developes' them! Simple as that.

All the best,
    Beng :thumb:
  5. outersketcher

outersketcher Illustrator, Tinker

Stuffit Deluxe for mac will also have no problem decompressing rar files. I don't know if the free stuffit download will do the same, but I suspect it will.

6. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

FREE LZ-129 "Hindenburg" 1:200 Scale Airship Model

Hi timwin,

I have e-mailed you the files that I have found - written instrucions in English doesn´t seem to exist, I´m afraid, but there are some computer craphic images and sketches to aid your assembly. I haven´t yet built this exciting model, so I cannot tell you what to look out for.

I searched the Czech card model forum (Centrum Papirovych Modelu, O.S.) and came up with this page, with very much the same images: http://papirovemodelarstvi.cz/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1972&highlight=lz129 hindenburg

Schreiber-Bogen, the old and famous German card model publisher, has this picture page of their model, which might help a bit in the assembly process: http://www.schreiber-bogen.com/cat0675.html?ac=6&t=200

Good luck! Please post your experiences as you go.
  7. DHL

DHL Member

8. ohgodwhy

ohgodwhy Member

Is anyone else having trouble downloading this model ? Every time I try, I keep getting sent in an endless circle on Zshare. Any advice would be appreciated.
  9. THE DC

THE DC Member

Me too!

Same problem!wall1
  10. Yep tried 4 times. I won't go there again, heaven know what they are doing to your computer in the meantine.
  11. lancer525

lancer525 Member

If someone can post PDFs of this thing, I'd like to get them!
  12. pahorace

pahorace Member

I do not think it will be possible.:cry:
    (I have downloaded the model some time ago -April 2008 - and I do not know if there are any updates)
    -Pdf file "Kostra" [Skeleton] are 26 sheets, weighing from 250 to 750 KB each;
    -Pdf file "Barva" [body-skin color] are 24 sheets weighing from 580 to 750 KB each;
    -Pdf file "Plány" [Instructions] are 7 sheets weighing about 600 KB each, more one from 1300 KB.

13. lancer525

lancer525 Member

Ah, the wonders of technology...

Some of us don't have the capability to use RAR files, and I have never been able to figure out how. And don't really want to know in the first place... LOL

I'd rather have PDF files so that I can edit or recolor, or adjust them. But, if there are no PDFs of these, then I guess I won't be building it.

Oh well...
  14. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

LZ-129 Hindenburg 1:200 Scale Model

There are no PDFs of this model - on my Mac, the three .rar parts files converted to over 50 jpegs + the assembly instruction jpeg photos, so it would be impossible to upload them all to this thread. I suppose they could be zipped (compressed) and bundled up but I have no program to do that.

However, if you send me your e-mail in a PM, I will try to send them to you in about ten or so e-mails, when I have some spare time.

All the best from Stockholm,

PS. Convering the .rar files is a really easy operation on my Mac - I downloaded the 'UnRarX' software for free (try Googling for it!) and I just drop the files into a window that appear when I start the program, and voilá - the converted files appear in a folder on the desktop in seconds. Very neat.
  15. pahorace

pahorace Member

I use "7-Zip":
    Compress and Decompress "ALL" without problems, easy to install and is open source software!
    Pdf files are produced with "Photoshop" or with Open office.org Writer.

16. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

7-Zip Compression Software, etc

Thanks for the help, Orazio,

However, 7-Zip is a software for PC users only, so I´ll have to find something else.

I know that Photoshop CS can be used to convert PDF and JPEGs - in fact, I often convert PDFs into TIFs or JPEGs, to be able to add or alter sharpness, saturation, colors or contrast in card model sheets.

The offer still stands if you´d like me to send you all the JPEGs by e-mail. Just send me a PM.

17. lancer525

lancer525 Member

I appreciate all the replies regarding the RAR conversion, but I think it sort of misses the point. PDFs are better to work with than even images, because once they are created the right way, they self-scale, and can be printed consistently. I have contacts in the commercial printing industry, and can have a PDF file printed out on just about any size paper I want. Scaling up an 8.5"x11" piece of paper by 200% gives me a 17"x22" sheet of paper, which is one of those standard large-scale printing sheets used in the commercial print business. Likewise, scaling up 236% gives me 20"x26" which is another standard size.

While image files are good, making them into PDFs is better.

I could work with the raw images, converting them to PDF, and a good program to do that is: PDFill Tools from http://www.pdfill.com

It's free too...
  18. ohgodwhy

ohgodwhy Member

Still cant get Zshare to download the files anyway...
  19. pahorace

pahorace Member

Hi Bengt,
    you are right, "7-Zip" is only for PC.

Hi ohgodwhy,
    I tried to download but even there I can (all publicity but nothing concrete), perhaps download is not active.

All the best,
  20. sokoroto

sokoroto New Member

Did the original author(alin i think) contacted with the forums?
    Or does anyone has the downloaded plans for the zeppelin?