LUT up to level 3

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by George B, Jun 16, 2007.

1. George B

George B Senior Member

I'm up to level 3 on the LUT project. Still tons of girders and cross bracing to go but I thought you guys would like to see where it's at and what it looks like so far.
  2. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Very nice

How is it standing up, How have you modified it to help its structural integrity?

John John
  3. Mercsim

Mercsim Member

Ah you sucked me in. I ordered one! It seems like a lot ($70) for a paper model but your photos are great and "I needed it".

It will be a while before I start building it but I'll save your photos. If you have any more, send them my way. I'll make a page for them on my website.

4. George B

George B Senior Member

Not yet. All girders are double layer card stock glued with white glue and stacked under weight overnight. No stick glue here. The only one that is "weak" is level 1, side 1 and 3, because of their lengths. I'll see if the diagonal girders help stiffen them. Plus, the center elevator shaft is not installed which adds a great deal of support and overall stiffness....kinda ties it all together.

I'll keep you posted.
  5. George B

George B Senior Member

Awesome! PM your contact info.
  6. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Very impressive looking build!

I dare say building this LUT will prove to be a model as challenging to build as the Saturn V itself, if not moreso because of the many details.

Great job!

7. very nice work. If I wasn't alread tied upwith 1/4 Mercury i would give it a go.
  8. George B

George B Senior Member

days end

Today I was able to finish two levels of diagonal tube girders and "M" braces, also added a few details to the platform. Whew...this thing is going to be a monster.:)
  9. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Can we see what the Sat V looks like in the MLP hole?

Excellent work though

John John
  10. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

Great progress!

Good look so far!

P.M. Me when You get a chance, (I have some update info for You).