LUT additional details added...on going

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by George B, Jun 24, 2007.

1. George B

George B Senior Member

Horizonal tray runs

Hi guys,

As I move up the LUT I've run into several levels which have multiple horizontal cable tray runs. An example of one of the levels can be seen in the first photo below. Needless to say, several levels have slowed my progress considerably but I'm still plugging away at it.

Attached Files:

2. astralwanderer

astralwanderer New Member

this is truly an awesome build. I have the same kit and did not know how well this could turn out. where did you get the plan information as I would like to build the kit with more detail as well.
  3. George B

George B Senior Member

The best resource for LUT info is at;

Save The LUT

4. shipgirl

shipgirl New Member

George, great job on the railings! They will add a lot to the build!

Lee Anne
    (strong advocate of railings and stairs)
  5. astralwanderer

astralwanderer New Member

Thanks for the info George. It will really help

6. George B

George B Senior Member

Progress is slow

Hi guys,

I'm progressing slowly but steadily, so I just wanted to update everyone.

Horizontal cable trays on level 160 have been installed, working on the next level. Just for fun I shot a photo with the ECS ducting temporarily in place to see what it would look like. It sure hides all that hard work on the horizontal trays :cry:.

Until next time,

Attached Files:

7. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Hey George did you get to see STS-120 lift off?

I was at the Causeway and had my brain rattle when the booster noise hit us...wowowowwoowow

John John
  8. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

8000+ views, George. And you were worried about boring us. You silly guy you :) Incredible work as always.
  9. George B

George B Senior Member

Well I'd like to thank those five people for re-visiting over and over again to drives those numbers up. ;-)

But on a seriously note, thanks to EVERYONE for all your words of encouragement since the beginning really means alot and keeps me going!:wave:

10. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

It goes without saying that this forum is inspirational, but it's threads exactly like this one of yours, George, and a few others here, that inspired me to not only add detail to my latest build, but to post pictures of it as I go.

While I'm nowhere near your standard as far as attention to detail and the skill to put it into the model goes, you've given me something to work towards as I get better at this cool little hobby I wish I'd found years ago.

Keep up the good work.
  11. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

this is truly a great build...i couldn't have enough perseverance to continue with all the fine details... so i built a 1:480 scale lut with the saturn v and a 1:480 scale crawler. this build has inspired me to build a tower only in the small scale:D can't wait to see this build when its complete. well done!:D
  12. mj7601

mj7601 New Member

Awesome, just keeps getting better and better, I still dream of a 1/48th scale one! Mike
  13. I bet you are getting tired by now huh? I have ADD and whenever I get involved in a long project I get tired of it and move on to something I can finish. Then later I go back and work on it some more. I need to be inspired that is why these build threads are so helpful. When you see the results of other's efforts it makes you want to do it too. So thank's for your diligence on this. I started mine but put it aside for now. I have the platform finished and need to continue with the rest. so keep it up I need the encouragement.
  14. Waeschens

Waeschens Member

Hi Gearge,
    your build of the LUT is very awesome.

15. George B

George B Senior Member

Not abandoned

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates. I promise to have more work completed here soon. Trust me, this project has not been abandoned.

Just thought I'd let you all know.

16. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Good to hear George... the longer we wait for updates the better they get, you'd have to be close to finishing the beast by now wouldn't you?

Good luck with the rest of the build, I can't wait to see what the finished model looks like sitting outside in that Florida sunshine. :thumb:
  17. sakrison

sakrison Member

I've been enjoying your LUT build thread. Like everyone else, I'm impressed.

I'm thinking about buying this kit and the crawler. Overall, how you rate the kit for fit, finish, and assembly so far? I've built some pretty complex kits, but before I slap down $100 for this pair, I need to know that they aren't difficult for the wrong reasons.

I saw your note on the missing railings; that's not a deal-breaker. Have you run into other problems or omissions that we should know about?

Thanks, in advance for your advice.
    No worries,
  18. George B

George B Senior Member

LUT Info

Hi David,

I've pretty much covered all know issues up until now. I've completed all aspects of building the actual kit (scratch building now), and have not encountered any fit problems at all. The only other item worth noting ,not sure if I mentioned this before or not, is an "error" of sorts. The access door on Side 3 of the MLP is in the wrong location, so if you build the Crawler the stairs will not line up. To correct this, I simple printed a new door panel and blank panel and relocated them to the correct location which is one panel to the left (see photo below). Other then that this kit went together perfectly and has been a VERY enjoyable build so far.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Attached Files:

19. sakrison

sakrison Member

It does, indeed! Thank you.
  20. George B

George B Senior Member

Door error....replacment panel.

David and others, just for an FYI about the door relocation on the launch platform. I see that in the new crawler kit there is a replacement panel to correct the door location.