Lunar rover 1:48

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by wedge, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Right, how on Earth, no, Moon, did you make those wheels with metal wire mesh...... That's just amazing.........
  2. wedge

wedge Member

it is made from the fine-mesh screen which you can use for making the tea :)
  3. wedge

wedge Member

Rover is completed :rolleyes:
  4. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Oh Geeze - I could look at this tiny thing all night!!! Or until the Earth rises. :D :D :D

Man - That's NICE!!!!!
  5. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

When I go looking for stuff for Pic of the Week, threads like this make my job much easier... :thumb:

Well done, awesome build, super detail, it's just uberiffic!! :D
  6. gpw

gpw Member

That's a fantastic built. You did a great job, wedge. :inw::inw:
    Thank you for sharing the pictures with us.

7. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Brilliant job there !!!
  8. wedge

wedge Member

Thank you all :) But diorama is not ready yet :)
  9. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

Please Help Me!!!

Hello Space-Modelers!!! I'm a freshman & I'm a space-modeler too; I'm from Türkiye (Turkey). Actually I want to ask a question to Wedge about his Lunar Roving Vehicle - 1:48 Scale. Wedge, could you please sent me your 1:48 scale LRV's PDF files via e-mail OR post it to this threat??? (By the way I sent a mail to you, please look at it so you can see my e-mail address) Thanks, much appreciated for your interest!
    P.S: I'm about to finish my 1:48 Scale LM-5 & I'll post first images of it to this forum under a new topic as soon as possible.:wave:
  10. mb1701d

mb1701d New Member

incredible job !!
  11. ovation

ovation Member

Space Boy theres a lrv on the moon port website (still can't post links here :cry:),I don't know if its the same one your after,
    I attemted this twice and scrapped it each time as it was too small,
    But theres some amazing build pics on this forum,

one day Il build one and actualy finish it :rolleyes::mrgreen:

12. wedge

wedge Member

Hello Spaceboy. Welcome here on the forum .
    The LRV I have build is a scratchbuild. It means , that almost everything is made by-hand - it is original construction . Neveerthelsess I have used two models - one for the size comparison and one for the basic texture of axletree.

Only for completion - somewhere in this section you can find the completed Apollo 15 diorama :thumb:

P.s. Thank you all for your interest and kind words :rolleyes:
  13. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

Thank you very much dear friends!:oops: Wedge, on previous pages of this thread I saw a picture - includes a printed version of 1:48 scale LRV (I'LL try to post the link of that picture) & as far as I could remember you wrote you found that model parts form ABC magazine or smt like... Can I have a chance to get that parts via internet? Thanks again!:confused:
  14. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

LRV Model

Hi Space Boy,

I believe this was a free download model, issued in 1:16 scale and designed by Carl 'Surfduke' Hewlett in 2007 or 2008. Try Googling for 'Surfduke' and 'Moonport' and you will get lucky . . .

Bengt :thumb:

PS. The model is called 'Apollo Lunar Rover RLV Rev.2'!
  15. ennder

ennder Member

Wedge, that is one sweet LR build .... congrats

Sorry for the necro post
  16. SWA2873

SWA2873 New Member

yeah well,....Some of these people hold to their beleifs as though they constitute a religion of some sort. Still the recent LRO images should put a damper on the moon hoax crowd.

17. SWA2873

SWA2873 New Member

and yes, it is a beautiful build.

Thanks for sharing it.