Lunar module/scratchbuild(U´dons LM )/tak 1:24

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by wedge, Jul 21, 2008.

1. wedge

wedge Member

Lunar module/scratchbuild / 1:24

So I´m starting with my big project - it will be scratch build (I´m going to use some parts of the U´dons LM as the ground ) I´m not sure which one it will be ,but I have two candidates - LM 8 (Antares from apollo 12 ) or LM 12 (Challenger from Apollo 17 )
    I´m absolutely not sure when , or if I will be able to complete the model because I´m going to move (2x) and change my job :-D
  2. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

That's one small cut in card, One Giant Project for sir Wedge... :-D

3. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

wow! looking forward to seeing this be done...especially after seeing your latest builds and dioramas:D good luck with the moving, i'm also moving in about a week and i'm having trouble of being able to let go of my current builds into boxes:p
  4. jparenti

jparenti Member

Woot! These are the things I want to build, so I live vicariously through you! :D I will watch intently and with interest.
  5. wedge

wedge Member

Thank you all for your supporting :) There is another small progres...
  6. Fabs

Fabs New Member

7. wedge

wedge Member

Tahnk you very , very much :) Thanks to you I have nem materials - my model is in the trashbin and I´m going to start again :mrgreen::thumb:
  8. wedge

wedge Member

There is the new beginning :)
  9. mauther

mauther Active Member

It`s really cool. I`m looking forward to see your progress. Thanks for the pics!
  10. wedge

wedge Member

So there is another progress :)
  11. Ronson2k3

Ronson2k3 Member

Looking great so far..

My favorite of the Apollo missions is 12. Precision flying was on the agenda and all the 'First man on the moon' stuff had been taken care of.. So in a sense from a trip to the moon standpoint. Shakedowns were over and the 'FUN' could begin. Not knowing what was going to happen in 13 of course. <= One of many references.. (a good one though)

If I could live any moment in time and place it would be on that mission to the surface of the moon. Not to say the lads that went didn't do a swell job. Just that I would have loved to be there with them.

Looking forward to the build your doing. It's the best LEM out there U-Dons. So this should be another great thread to keep me eyes focused on...
  12. aphelion16

aphelion16 Member

I would do Apollo 17, you can have a scale rover just to add complication wall1. 15-17 had the rover. :thumb:
  13. wedge

wedge Member

Thank you for the information :mrgreen:

Anyway - My favorite one is the Antares and I like the idea to have it in scale witch Surveyor... maybe sometimes ( are you happy Ronson2h3? :thumb: )
  14. Ronson2k3

Ronson2k3 Member

Yepps.. Sounds good to me.. I'll take a look about for a Surveyor Paper model for you..

Update: That didn't to much.. whew!!

Mr. Leslie (LHVCC) has one and it's 1/24th aswell
  15. wedge

wedge Member

Thank you , I already have this model . It is the one I was talking about :mrgreen: I´m also happy for the same scale :) I have some ideas how to make it better... (surveyor, I mean) maybe sometimes in the future :thumb:
  16. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

WOW. Talk about a master class in scratch build! Nicely done!
  17. gpw

gpw Member

18. wedge

wedge Member

I know about this posibility , but I already have LRV model (2x) :)

here in 1:48 (scratchbuild)

and here in 1:24 (ABC)
  19. wedge

wedge Member

20. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Outstanding job so far. I think you have all of us LM admirers salivating.

If you get a chance, can you tell us about the materials you are using?