lunar lander?

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Nothing, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

Does any one know of a 1/32 scale lunar lander?

NULLMOON Member

wait a while i think surfdukes working on one will be worth the wait:wink:
  3. TexasTubaMan

TexasTubaMan Member

U-Don's factory has a great one in 1/48. It should scale up well to 1/32. Especially if you are going to be covering parts with gold mylar or foil. The link to his LM is

I haven't built it yet, but intend to sometime in 1/72.

NULLMOON Member

5. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

I have that one. im too stupid to know how to acurately scale it up:cry: .i thought a 32nd scale lander would look good with the 32nd moonproject apollo i judt finished. If i dont find one or figure how to scale onother ill just do the 48th scale one.
  6. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

does surfduke have a web site?
  7. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

It will be about (2) weeks before I'm done, (If You can hold out). It will have a removable front, (To view the interior). I have the landing pads & paint work to finish, (For the Misson 11 config).

8. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

oh i can wait( i pause to clean drool off keyboard!)...NULLMOON mentioned another kit by you, do you have a web site? where would i go to get this kit?
    i can hardly wait!
  9. mvink

mvink Member

If you print the 1/48th LEM at 150%, it will print out at 1/32nd scale.

You can find all of Surfduke's "work" at Port/

10. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

once again i have publicly shown how ignorant i am. surfduke's site is always referred to as moonproject and even though it says surfduke at the top i couldnt draw the line. i apolagize to surfduke if i have offended him with my stupidity.:oops:
  11. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Your idea for an "internal display" LM is GREAT, as you can probably tell from the reception you've already received. This forum is having a serious problem with drool, ever since you began the entire Moonport project.

I personally cannot keep up with all of your projects, but downloading will provide YEARS of future build enjoyment. All of your different versions of each model allow for endless variety in creative building.
  12. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

There's no such thing as a stupid person in this forum pal :-D

The one who is asking questions are the intelligent ones :-D
  13. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Yeah! I'm Hip! Yeah! I'm Smart Yeah! Yeah! Hip! Smart! (LOL)!

No, it is not the volume of brains, or works, (It is the Quailty, (Well I fail on both points, (LOL)))!!!

Have agreat day Guys,

14. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

U-Don Lunar Module Upscaled

Hi nothing,

I have actually up-scaled the U-Don Lunar Module, which by the way is a beautiful model, all hand-drawn by a Japanese designer (no software)!
    It holds very well to scaling, due to the fine detail and high resolution of each of the individual PDF sheets.
    I had it laser-printed on European standard A3 card at a print shop, at about 141%, which makes it a little bit smaller in scale than 1:32.
    I am currently experimenting with some crinkled gold foil (the hard part is to get the right saturated gold color that is not too bright yellow) and matted black alu foil. It´s beginning to look rather good . . .

All the best,
    Bengt :smile:
  15. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

I have some map files of foil, (If you wish to use them).

16. TexasTubaMan

TexasTubaMan Member

Are you referring to the different foil patterns on the individual landers? If so I would be interested in seeing these. I know each lander was different, but don't have any good references to the differences in patterns and attached equipment.

17. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Hi Carl,

By all means - if you have foil map files or templates for the "Eagle" Lunar Module, I´d be most grateful. Please mail them to me.
    I´ll try to get some time to send you the files I´ve got on the interior and instrumentation.

Bengt :D

NULLMOON Member

foil- try tresure(company) metalleaf antiqe gold foil its a perfect match:yep: i bought some ages back to do one of the metrosat spacecraft