Lumberyard structures

Kevinkrey

I have a small lumberyard scene in a corner of my layout, I am building some structures for it and only have room for one now, but I want to expand it in the future. Here is the first building I have, it is rough, but I built it in a couple hours. It is modeled after a lumberyard my uncle used to manage. I need something to model a tattered tarp for a door and a roof, Im not sure what to use for the roof, maybe just more corrugated metal.

Attachments

• DSCN0887.JPG
    DSCN0887.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN0889.JPG
    DSCN0889.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN0890.JPG
    DSCN0890.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN0891.JPG
    DSCN0891.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 7

Kevinkrey

Here are pics after paint dried................

Comments are encouraged, I like hearing other opinions.:thumb:

Attachments

• DSCN0897.JPG
    DSCN0897.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN0898.JPG
    DSCN0898.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN0899.JPG
    DSCN0899.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 5

PWRR-2207

Rogue Islander
Roofing...

Is that red or pink paint? If it is pink, are you going to add some rolls of "Pink Panther Insulation" and a sign advertising that the company is a distributor of "Owens Corning®" products? ;)

Looks good and has plenty of room for detail inside. I would go with more corrugated steel for the roof. Maybe paint it silver or aluminum to reflect heat away and leave vent space below it...

Kevinkrey

Thanks, but it is a dark redish color, the one its based on has white roofs. I am planning a second layout, shelf layout in the same train room and thought the other day that I should model a foam board manufacturer.​

Kevinkrey

The lubmer building is finished. Here are some pics of the structure, the companys new forklift being hauled in, and then loading the building with lumber. Plus a few overall pics of the scene, my uncle who has been in the lumber industry his whole career is comming by this weekend, hopefully it gets his stamp of approval. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• DSCN1005.JPG
    DSCN1005.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN1003.JPG
    DSCN1003.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN1006.JPG
    DSCN1006.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN1007.JPG
    DSCN1007.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN1008.JPG
    DSCN1008.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 6

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Looks good Kevin! By the way, I like those stacks of lumber. Are they commercially made?
Ralph

Kevinkrey

Ralph, thanks for the comment. The lumber stacks are two sets of Atlas lumber kits. I airbrushed them brown and the airbrush sprays spotty for some reason but it worked well for the lumber. Then I brush Painted the ends red.

galt904

You'd probably get a ticket from DOT for using nylon straps instead of chains and binders on the forklift. Other than that, everything looks good. Well done!