LT has arrived!

ltzealot

Nov 12, 2013
New Zealand
Hello,

I'm human.
I reside on Earth, located in the Sol system.

Seriously though, I'm a Kiwi from New Zealand living the dream. Or am I dreaming the life?

Oh, I like model building. Discovered paper craft as it is today several years ago when I found Ulrich Prahn's Star Trek Cardboard Models.
http://www.haenssgen.de/uni/trek/stmodels.html

God, that would have been 1998/99. A shame to lose such talent.

As a young teenager, some 30+ years ago, began using recycled cardboard to make models. Mainly because my parents or myself could not afford to buy the much coveted plastic replica's. Mind you, what I wanted (Sci-Fi kits for Star Wars, Star Trek, Space 1999 etc) just wasn't readily available or affordable where I lived.
So, I resorted to using photos to estimate my builds. Made a few ambitious large models, but mostly small stuff that didn't take long to make. Some of the things I made were, the TV Logan's Run Hover Car, Star Wars Snow Speeder & Star Destroyer, R2D2, all of the Elite game space ships. All are long since gone.

I dabbed with 3D modelling in my 20's, but never really pursued it like I should have. Always wished I could somehow slice the models so I could print on paper in a layer form to build or unfold. Only discovered pepakura not too long ago, but have just been too lazy to do anything with it.

Now almost pushing 50 and a wee bit lazy, I prefer to download someone else nice work. Has become a nice relaxing hobby to build these models. I like to resize them to, to give me much bigger versions to display or modify.

Well, rather than prattle on forever, I'll leave it there.

LT

ltzealot

Nov 12, 2013
New Zealand
I forgot to mention I have HO scale trains and like building my own stuff. Buildings mainly, but I also like to modify existing kits you can buy.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You have come to the right spot for SCI-FI and learning how to use different software for designing models. We have many members who are more the willing to share their knowledge with others and lend a helping hand when needed.
If you have any photos of any of the projects that you have made, by all means please post them.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice, please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again welcome aboard and I hope that you enjoy yourself here.
I look forward to seeing your work!!!

angelode

Aug 1, 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
Hi ltzealot,
Always good to meet another New Zealander with the same interests. Where-about in NZ do you live? And are you also interested in paper model buildings?

I'm also quite new here and I can guarantee that you've landed in the best paper model place.
Welcome aboard.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Hello, lt! :wave:

Welcome aboard our flagship! If you are looking for SciFi models you have found the right place to be. I'd love to see some pics of your builds from "the old days" (that is, if there are any). Your (modeling) history sounds very interesting. I remember making a Cylon helmet from a simple cardboard box when I was nine. It was very crude, no real refs available at that time, but it was fun to play with it! I too love Ulrich Prahn's models (I guess he made them the old-fashioned way, without Pepakura or such, just pencil, ruler and mathematics). Great artist.

So, make yourseld comfortable and have fun and enjoy! :wave:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Welcome aboard, looks you have found a new place to hang out. ery peaceful here, we all help each other, no big swelled heads around here, no work too small or shabby. It's all good. :)