LSAM model questions

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by jparenti, Aug 1, 2006.

1. jparenti

jparenti Member

I am building the LSAM from LHVCC, but one of the pages (lsam_ascentengine01) does not print out at the correct scale. Also, there seems to be no rear hatch in the model, but it's present in the instructions. What am I doing wrong? :???:
  2. GT5500

GT5500 Member

I think the site says this model is not really a complete model and needs a bit of fabrication to finish it.
  3. McPeek

McPeek Member

There is a set of work in progress photos on Jonathon Leslies site (here) for the LSAM, and the rear hatch is clearly shown in several of the shot. A missing file perhaps?
  4. jparenti

jparenti Member

That was my guess. It's a great model, don't get me wrong. I just don't have to expertise with computer imaging programs to resize the necessary file and to draw the hatch accurately. (Designing your own models from scratch... that's a challenge for another stage in my life, when I'm more patient.:)
  5. McPeek

McPeek Member

I just downloaded the model myself and I see no rear hatch either. The closest thing I see is on page 2. There is the circle for the front and another which I assume is for the back, but there is no hatch drawn on it. Mr. Leslie is a regular member here and I am sure he can answer your question better than me. Hope it works out for you.
  6. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

h'mmm, the rear hatch is in the file lander01_Doc6.doc, but I seem to have forgotten to put the rear hatch in the pdf file. Its on the last page of the .doc file, print 100% (no scaling). the file lsam_ascentengine01.jpg
    needs to be printed at 100% if I remember correctly and the engine mount is trim to fit, look carefully at the pictures you'll see how I did it.
  7. jparenti

jparenti Member

Aha! In the way of a supreme idiot, I opened the .doc file, saw that it appeared to be a text file, and summarily ignored it. Now it all comes together!
    Thank you so much for the help. I'm so glad I found this forum. Now I have an outlet for my misguided questions. :oops:
  8. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

No questions here are considered misguided here pal. It only shows us that another master modeler is brewing up nicely :-D