LRP Sport, any sugjestions?

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by dj6666969, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Ok the low down: I had a friend over last night and we decided to run the cars. I had my mini t and he had my 4tec. We went out running them and he smahed the 4tec into a snow bank. We took it back and used a hair dryer to get the water out and it worked again. We went back out and the dude did it again, same thing nothing was working other then steering. Brought it back to the hous eand tryed to dry it off no throttle but steering worked still. I tryed it this mornng after the hole night it was drying and still the throttle doesen't work. Does any one have any seugjestions what I could try on it?
  2. Steve M

Steve M Member

Sounds like you fried your speed control. You will probably have to send it in for repairs or just buy another one.
  3. danielh89

danielh89 Member

i ran my lrp spedo in the snow and killed it :(
    send it back or get a nother one
  4. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

a good way to keep water out is to use model glue or even hot glue would work i guess and cover all the cracks and around the wires where they come out of the casing. good luck with your esc. i get mine wet all the time but i jsut stop and leave it near the fire over night and its fine
  5. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

ya that is the funny thing, it got wat I dryed it and then it got wet again, god it #@$% me off whensoemone can't drive a car and they have been doing it for awhile, maybe just to much power? lol
  6. monsterrcbuilder04

you would think someone would learnt here lesson the first time. let him drive a rs car next time. he needs to learn some basics and something with less power.lol. if he cant drive that give him one that has the remote witht he liek 6 ft cord attached to the car. he should do ok with that
  7. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

lmao!!!!!!!!!!! well he isen't EVERE gonna be driveing 1 of my rc's again.
  8. monsterrcbuilder04

haha. good thinking. i think you should make him pay for your esc. thats what i would do.
  9. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

that is what I told him, im not gonna hang out with him or even talk to him tell he does
  10. monsterrcbuilder04

sounds harsh but sometimes thats what it takes. like my friend borowed monet from my other friend for an emaxx and he acts like he has no intension on paying him back for a while cause he always talks about buying these other things for like his car or his other rc. my friend is really ticked at him but he hasnt really done anyhting about it so i think your going about this just fine
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.