Lower Hudson Valley Paper Modleing Gift Shop

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by bemma, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

Those who abused the system are responsible for the new rules, not we who must enforce them. Read the rules before quoting them

Thanks analog I'll check it out but I don't hold out much hope...it's really enmeshed.
  2. jparenti

jparenti Member

We do understand this rule, and those of us who are still here have and will abide by it. But try to understand the position a lot of members of this site found themselves in when one day, out of nowhere, restrictive rules are imposed against activities which were once a common practice.
    Those of us who find that unfair have a point, but as members, let's not use every opportunity to criticize those rules.
    Let's also not use every opportunity to point out that rule. No one on this post has yet even tread closely to that particular restriction. I find that a lot of people here find it antagonistic to find someone pointing that rule out any time someone posts a link or talks about a site that isn't this one.

Not trying to offend anyone. I just like this community and I don't want to see it fractured over this stuff. This is where I go to find out how to build models, where to find them, and watch other members at work. I don't want to see anyone leaving anytime soon.
  3. jparenti

jparenti Member

I don't really think I'm speaking out, and that's not my intention. I don't complain loudly about the rules. I am, however, getting tired of threads that I'm posting in getting hijacked by:
    1. People complaining about the new rules any time an opportunity presents itself.
    2. People reminding me ad nauseum about said rules.
    Come on, guys. Both sides are going a little too far on this one. Let's all just relax before this begins another massive headache for everyone involved. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but I've seen enough of the people who post here disappear. I don't want to lose the valuable contributions to the community offered by those who are still here.
  4. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

Update lhvcc egiftshop mal-ware warning 090823

a new firewall/deflector shield generator/chastity belt thingie has just been installed on my website. I am hoping this will lay to rest this kind of attack on the egiftshop.

For those who are interested, if you look at the source code of my html and do a search for the string "iframe" there should be no match. When mega-jerks..net modified my code they would insert an iframe tag. The iframe tag consisted of an invisible clickable area. That existed on the homepage about halfway between the word "THE" in the title and "WELCOME" in the first line of text. I did accidentally click in that invisible iframe once, and Firefox detected the invisible click and gave me a "are your sure" warning me about the potential virus threat associated with invisible clickable regions.

Well anyway, I'm hoping that this final super-deluxe condom will keep mega-obnoxious.net away. I'll be traveling for the next week, I don't know how much time I will have to be checking in on the website, but if that iframe shows up again, feel free to drop me a line.

Jon Leslie

http://lhvcc.org the LHVCC egiftshop
  5. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Thank goodness you were able to find a solution. I'm sorry you had to deal with the "Earth Scum".

Lower Hudson and Zealot are my favorite websites. I don't know about my fellow Space Rangers here, but I was starting to go through serious withdrawl not being able to scroll through your wonderful collection. I just clicked on your link and it worked GREAT.

Thank you very much for all you do for the card modeling community.
  6. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

Very well, if the problem is resolved, I'll close this thread but must repeat that if Lower Hudon site has a store on it then a link may not be published without making arrangements with the following.....

or email Gaurav@crowdgather.com

It is okay to exchange links through PM with those who ask for them and that is hardly more effort than publishing it in a post.

A reality check for a moment. We don't have a store here. We don't try to sell anything to our members. We don't ask for "donations", or download fees for our vast collection of model designs, or the far reaching model railroad archives... or any of the things freely given by our community members for those who join us at Zealot. And because this is our policy, you can relax when you're here and converse without being solicited, and a link is just a solicitation. And by the way, I'm not selling paper, ink, model kits, R/C trucks, or HO trains on the side. No newbie will get an invitation by PM to check out my "cool" site and no senior member will be getting an invite to my "freedom from oppressive rules" model site. All my posts here are genuine and I am on site everyday. I feel we are very fortunate to have a group of senior members who produce build threads of quality and craftsmanship, and I am quick to take a back seat to them. I also enjoy the build threads of our newer members and always am gratified to see more experienced modelers give patient advice, praise, and encouragement... and to know there's no price tag attached, no glowing blue link saying "buy here"...no ulterior motive for joining a discussion. So when I have to show someone the door because of solicitation. I get nothing out of it. Just doing my job.
  7. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

Clarification Maico - the "e-gift shop" is not a store. It offers free downloads in support of the educational mission of the Lower Hudson Valley Challenger Center (www.lhvcc.com).

From their site:
    The Lower Hudson Valley Challenger Learning Center is a member of the Challenger Center for Space Science Education (CCSSE), a growing nationwide network of interactive, "hands-on" educational learning centers. The Lower Hudson Valley Challenger Center is a not-for-profit 501 3 (c) organization.

Challenger Learning Centers are a living testimony to the dream of the Challenger astronauts. When the crew of the Challenger space shuttle perished on January 28, 1986; they were on a pioneering mission to extend the boundaries of human knowledge, to teach, and to inspire. Challenger Learning Centers located worldwide are continuing that mission by helping prepare students for life in the 21st Century.

Yogi - (always sensitive about education and volunteers)
  8. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

ok it seems that even google has acknowledged that my website is now
    clean of any infestations Looks like I've effectively blocked mega-

I'm glad that is in the past.

- Jon
    lhvcc egiftshop owner and proprietor :)))))

http://lhvcc.org aka,

subj: update - LHVCC egiftshop virus warning. - 090830 - a week
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.