Louis Ullian's Coon Creek Lumber Co.

jon-monon

Great pics, Tyson, long admired his work. Thanks for getting them and posting!

That last pic sure had some orderly LPB's!

A man of his caliber demands the respect of the LPBs; Probably puts the fear of acetone in 'em :D :D :D

jon-monon

Soooooooo, Tyson, now that you are back to your disclosed location, did you learn any techniques from Luis? Any idea how he makes the trees? :D :D :D

Yes, dear Shamus, I remember your fine article. It's amazing how many times your work has been published, and not redundant - a new layout every time! Now, when will the 2nd On30 layout begin? ;)

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
a new layout every time! Now, when will the 2nd On30 layout begin?
Jon,
NEVER.
Jon, I think that's because the next one will be G scale. And..don't let him fool you...the progression will be G, then 1-1/2"=1', then............the big bang?:D :D :D :D :D

Paul,
To quote the Annie Lennox song from "Lord of the Rings"-"Don't say......we have come now to the end". We all need to hope that there will be more, and bigger, and better. Even if there won't be..............fool us.
Pete

DanishKnight

Tyson,

Thank you for posting all of the beautiful pictures of Coon Creek. :thumb: I love the romance of 1880s logging and respect the work of the men and women who toiled in the logging camps, so that I could vicariously relive their romantic lives in my modeling efforts.

Best Wishes,
James

spitfire

Originally posted by Tyson Rayles
Glad everybody is enjoying the pics. Made burning up all those rolls of digital film worthwhile! :D :p :D

That it did! Thanks so much for the awesome layout tour Tyson. Work like that is sooo inspiring.

Val

Tyson ...many thanks for allowing us to share your enjoyment of Coon Creek.....Love those pictures... which provides stacks of inspiration

CPRailer

I know this is an old thread, but they just featured this layout on Tracks Ahead! What outstanding work! I wish he had a web site for it. Thanks for posting these pics!