LOTW: Fantasy Paints

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
OK. This week lets try some fantasy paint schemes.
Your favorite line "didn't have a paticular loco...but should have". What would it look like.
What ifs: The line you model had fallen(bankruptcy, merger) years, decades ago, but you model a modern freelance version of it. What did you come up with for a paint job for its locos.
Lets see the paint schemes you came up with for your own freelance line.
As always, the pic must be yours
I'll start. You've all seen my SD70M painted up like a New Haven GP loco.
Here's my C44-9W painted up like a New Haven U-25B(both made by GE, it only seemed fitting).
This started out as a Kato undec.

Attachments

• Retro NH.jpg
    Retro NH.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 169

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Not finished yet but...

Using a Jacques Belanger line drawing courtesy of "The Railroad Paint Shop", I developed my own 9/11 paint scheme as though Amtrak still ran GG1s to this day and what they might have done for a commemorative locomotive. My beloved provided the necessary computer work. I'm still pondering the undercarraige color, no doubt including silver or white journal box covers. Oh to have the necessary coin to have this professionally done. Being the son and brother of Firefighters and the nephew of a Police Commandant gives this one a special priority should the opportunity arise.

Attachments

• gg1memoriala.JPG
    gg1memoriala.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 163

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
88: That's something like what I want to do. Though I think I'd be interested in making up the railroad all together. Good work!

Shaygetz: That is REALLY good looking. I hope you find the means to make it happen :)

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Ok..First the C&HV and then the HR.

Picture-018-1.jpg

Picture-004-8.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Cool locos and paint scheme folks!

The Lehigh & New England went out of business in late 1962. On my layout, however, they continue to solider on into the seventies and eights. Here are a couple of Atlas U23B’s in a LNE fantasy scheme

Atlas_coal_drag_001_a.jpg

Atlas_coal_drag_003_a.jpg

I have two undecorated RS-11’s that will sport LNE fantasy schemes sometime in the future.

MadCoW1

Jul 9, 2006
LaCrosse Wisconsin
Well, being that I like the CNW and wish they had survived, I'll offer two fantasy locos:

First an SD40T-2. This started out as an older Athearn B/B undec. model. Custom painted and added see-thru radiator grills along with other details.
cnw_8960.jpg

Followed by an FP45 'B'. This was bashed from older Athearn B/B units. Custom painted and detailed.
cnw_FP45B.jpg

Johnny