Lost?

I don't know where she came from, but can somebody find her some medication??:eek: :eek:

Drew

Attachments

• mccrrr#106-1143.jpg
    mccrrr#106-1143.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 236
Magic!

The lost lady must have pulled a magic wand out of her purse, 'cus look what happened. She turned into a 'Burly Man';) ;)

BTW, where did I use Styrene, instead of wood?

Attachments

• ballast car1157.jpg
    ballast car1157.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 234

jmarksbery

WOW

That is great Drew, just great. The wood (plastic?) is just right. What colors did you use for the woods. (ps. I think that is my granny!!) :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

Re: WOW

Originally posted by jmarksbery
That is great Drew, just great. The wood (plastic?) is just right. What colors did you use for the woods. (ps. I think that is my granny!!) :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

The basic color is "mississippi mud" for the car wood. Then it is dry brushed with a few different colors. In this case I was trying to reflect the red from the ballast, so I used burnt sienna. The ties started out with a heavy india ink wash and then some burnt sienna dry brushed. But remember, you have to get the result your after, by building it up to that point. Unfortunatly, these weathered car colors aren't premixed in the bottle:( :( :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Drew

davidstrains

What's with this 0.30 stuff in the morning. Can't you sleep:D :D :D

BTW very nice work Drew. I like the color tones that you haave used.

satokuma

Great shot Drew...like the weathering...and the people in it make all the difference...

Still need to answer your email...

Hm... in the first pic, a nice elderly lady standing on a flat car. In the next pic, on the same? flat car I see two guys standing on a pile of dirt with shovels looking around real nervous like..hm.

Btw, thats some nice modeling Drew

t.

Tyson Rayles

I agree with t., I think those guys have something to do with the disapperence of the sweet ol' lady. BTW like the rest have said, really nice modeling! :cool:

Drew1125

Originally posted by t. alexander
Hm... in the first pic, a nice elderly lady standing on a flat car. In the next pic, on the same? flat car I see two guys standing on a pile of dirt with shovels looking around real nervous like..hm.....

y'know, Jimmy Hoffa just mighta ended up as track ballast too! :D

Great modeling Drew!
Your workmanship just keeps getting better & better!
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Railery

Hi Drew, very nice, but i think someone else is going to need the meds. U better get the crane car out to get # 5 trucks back on track. :D

Thank you ALL

First off, thanks for all the good comments, I appreciate that:) :)

Now, Jon and ima are both right, styrene 'was' used for the burley men, as well, I used it for the 2x10 and 4x4 components for the ballast box on the car. I was really trying to hide the styrene look:cool: :cool: :cool:

The car is all wood, and 'is' the same car as in the first shot:D :D

I think Tyson and t might have it right...the car does seem to have a bigger load than allowed:eek: :eek:

...and Railery, thanks, #5 is now 'back on track';) ;)

0030, still wide awake, might as well do something constructive!!!

Drew

shamus

Registered Member
Nice work Drew, the colours are great. BTW, that old lady? looks like my great grandmother.
Shamus
wink.gif