Lost webspace

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
With the advent of losing my broadband I have just realised that my web space has also been reduced, due to part of it being owned by my Son. Badger Creek has had to be taken off air, leaving just the Red Fox up. As this outcome has made me lose many photos from my web space, I have had to take out of the Academy all my articles. No Good without photo’s and I am sorry things have turned out this way. Things must at sometime, come to a halt. I will try and get in here from time to time, I was moderator on a few other forums to which I have now bowed out. This “The Gauge” being my first home, I shall stay as long as I can.

Thanks, I know you will understand.

Shamus

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
Shamus, I'd have to doublecheck, but I'm pretty sure I've got a lot of space on my server. If you'd like to set up perhaps an archive there of previous pics, pop me a message privately. It would definitely be a shame to lose all your pics, they are AMAZING !!!!

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Shamus,

Why is it necessary to link your photos? Why can't you attach them, or am I missing something?

I haven't been around here that long, but it didn't take to long to see that everyone here respects and admires you and what you do. Your participation will be missed even if it means that you've only scaled back some.

Don

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Thanks guys, it's not so much of being able to upload a single photo via the browser, it's uploading multi images using the (IMG) factor for articles which tend to use around 6-12 photo's in one go. All the articles in the Academy were done that way. Cannot even link to my website (Badger Creek one) most of the photo's in there have gone. Yeah, they are still on my hard-drive, but not on line anymore.
Shamus

Jim T

Jan 25, 2003
Warrenton, OR
www.freewebs.com
Hi Shamus,

Here's a thought. Along with the instructional CD that we're trying to coax you into doing, how about doing one with pictures of all your layouts. I, for one, would love to purchase one to have for my collection of model RR photos. Your pictures are an inspiration for all of us and I would love to see construction pictures as well as the finished ones.

Cheers, Jim

C

Catt

Mr Templar,as ceo of the Grand Valley RR. and sole owner of BOYLERWERX.I would concider it an honour and a priviledge to host your Academy pictures on my website.That way they can stay online.