Lost Members

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by cidchase, Feb 15, 2003.

1. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

Hi Gaugers,
    Now and then we wonder "What ever happened to old (log-in)?"
    If anything untoward happens to one of us (and it will, sooner or later), it would be helpful to inform the rest.

I suggest that each include in his arrangements to e-mail his or her relevant announcement Just a sticky note on your computer would be sufficient.

"If I'm seriously incapacitated or deceased, please send an informative e-mail to: info@the-gauge.com"
    I'm assuming Dave or other Admin would then post it.

We've had a couple of Gauge friends in hospital lately and were informed by their friends which I really appreciated. I'd just like to insure that we all have some way to keep in touch. If I'm being too morbid here, please excuse me. But I think our relations with others make life what it is. Thanks for listening. :)
  2. interurban

interurban Active Member

Thanks cidchase.

I think thats a sensible idea and should be followed up by all members.
    I know the Gauge is not only a great help to all stages of modellers
    but it is also a friend in it`s self.

We all look forward in this busy life to our time spent "on the Gauge".
    We have made many friends and all look forward to each others post`s, and especially new members.:) . who bring refreshing ideas to the old ^%$#%$^&&:D .
  3. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Cid,
    When I was taken ill, I had no idea that Phil (NYC) had posted in here what had happened, and I was amazed at the amount of mail I received TELLING me to get well. that was really appreciated. So yes, its a very good idea to keep track of regular members posts. If a regular poster hasn't post for a week or so, lets try and find out via info@the-gauge.com

4. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

We've had this post before - but it's always good to remind everyone that sometimes "bad things happen to good people"

My Wife & Step-Daughter belong to a bunch of "clubs". I, only this & 1 other BB. We all know how to let everybody else know - IF something happens. Thanks again Cid!!!!!! :) :)

And, as always, I pray we never need to do it! :)
  5. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Like Shamus, when I was "out of circulation" for a while I was really touched by the amount of concern shown by the members here. I agree with Cid and have already made the arrangements. We are truly a family here and no Cid I don't think you are being morbid. :)