lost in DCC land

Billy Youll

Hi I'm sure your all sick of people saying it but I'm new at this
I've started a 0n30 logging layout that I would like to run with
DCC control but that 's the thing what system do I get I've been
told to go for Digitrax which is being sold in a big way over here
but I need to be sure before I buy

Nazgul

Hey Billy, welcome to the Gauge! If you do a search here for dcc systems, you will find as many opinions as there are members here. Let me tell you what most everyone agrees on...All the major systems are quality and will get the job done. In that regard, you wont get a system that's junk! So, how to narrow it down? "Tony's Trains" and "LoysToys" websites do a great system comparison and explain the differences between them. Also, it is usually desirable to get the same system that some one around you has and is satisfied with. Belong to a club? what do they use? Any friends have dcc? If not, what about your local hobby shop...Do they recommend any system over another? Do they seem to know more about a particular system? It will make life easier if you can talk to a "body" when you have probs/questions (and you will have). Lastly...plan for the future. If you think you will be expanding ops and just generally wanting more from your system in the future ...get a system that can grow with your empire. The major systems should be able to take care of you. Just so you know, I'm a newbie here too and I chose a Digitrax Zephyr and couldn't be happier. But there are people, who know a lot more than me, who swear by their NCE, LENZ, MRC, ect....I'm sure others will give advice also...good luck.

Billy Youll

Not so lost in Dcc

Thank you for the help it look's like I'll be going with Digitrax as I can buy just about
all I need over here in the UK I know one or two people who buy just about all their
gear by post from the USA but as I said before I'm new at this but not for long:wave: :wave: