losing pins?

COX 47

I am having trouble with losing the pins "air hose" on my couplers....Anybody have this problem too? what can I do to stop it and can the pins be put back in?

dip the tip in super glue or something and stick em back in. I did that to a couple that fell off. other than that, I have never had any problem with mine. I usually have problems putting them in because the coupler hole thingies are so small.

berraf

SeriousSam said:
I usually have problems putting them in because the coupler hole thingies are so small.
Small! That´s an understatement :)
Sometimes I feel that they don´t exist when I´m chasing them around at the work table.

I use a little bit of grease on the tip of them and that seems to be sufficient :thumb:

train1

The accumates are the worse. The M/T's are bullet proof. You might want to try pushing the pin in further and crimping them on the top.
I would stay away from glue - too much potential for overflow and glued - shut couplers.

Am I the only one of thinking getting rid of the pins since I only have a big yard but no industry that would need switching? To use magnates in the yard is not very convenient and I would disconnect the cars by hand.

brakie

COX 47 said:
I am having trouble with losing the pins "air hose" on my couplers....Anybody have this problem too? what can I do to stop it and can the pins be put back in?

It would be best to upgrade your couplers to MTs..These are the de facto standard N Scale coupler by choice.