losi xxx-nt question

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by firebird9t2, Jul 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firebird9t2

firebird9t2 New Member

i have a few day old losi, and it seems as when i drive it full throttle the car kicks out to the one side, the steering is perfectly aligned but its really anoying and my friends car sure doesnt do that. also when the car is off, and i pick it up and spin the one rear wheel the opposite side should spin the opposite way correct? well the both go the same way if i only turn one. like its full posi. one more thing...the engine ran good for break in and the next day but then the following day it kept stalling and it was the same climate conditions. so i played with the needles.. what are the correct setting for the mach 15 engine and any tips on it. thanks a lot
  2. osbornel

osbornel Member

if your other wheel doesnt spin in the same direction you could have blown a diff or something less severe. It could just have a lot of torque or too much power because your way too lean.
  3. redheat

redheat Member

Make sure that your wheels are snug. sounds like your diff. is to tight. did you maybe strip one of your wheels out , remove both tires and take a look at the inside were the pin fits into the wheel. Clutch is engaging to fast.
  4. SAVAGE123579

SAVAGE123579 Member

the proper settings for the mach 15 engine i have found to be the best on mine is the high speed being set at about 4 1/2 turns from closed and the low speed about 5 turns from closed(for break in) then i work it up to high speed at about 3 1/2 from closed to about 3 3/4 from closed. the low speed at about 4 to 4 1/2 turns from closed that should give you optimum performance from your mach 15 just be sure to losen you slipper it might be too tight, also check to make sure that your screw that holds your diff together(female and male outdrives) isn't broken like mine was check that and if it is then goto you lhs and replace it.Ilso a good thing is to check the rims of your car, they seem to break easy. If there is even a crack it can creat wobble making you car veer left or right as you specified.
  5. redheat

redheat Member

Has your truck from day one traveled to one side? If so servo might need to be centered. As far as wheel turning in the same direction goes i'd check the diff. adjustment , slipper would control how fast the thing hooks up, tight fast hook up , loose slower hook up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.