Looking to buy a new RC car. Any Suggestions

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by schmitty2000, Mar 31, 2006.

1. schmitty2000

schmitty2000 New Member

About 15 years ago, I bought myself a Tamiya Monster Beetle Kit, and a Tamiya Grasshopper II kit. I loved building these kits, and I loved driving these cars all over the place. I just recently got those cars out again, and now I want to get a new Truck. I will tell you people what I am looking for, and hopefully you can help me out. I will pretty much only be driving this truck off road(30% on gravel, and 70% in open fields, and on grass). I would prefer a nitro engine. I will not be racing. I went to the hobby store today, and the salesperson showed me the Tamiya TNX. It is a really nice looking truck, but I'm not sure if maybe it is too much for me(as far as speed). I do have enough space that I don't really need to worry about running into things, but since I won't be racing, I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't being taken with the salespersons suggestion of the TNX. Any other suggestions, or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
  2. alisar70

alisar70 Member

30% on gravel, and 70% in open fields

This Sounds like a Job For the RS4 MT2.

i have the MT1 Which i modified with a 21 Engine and put some new proline Shock towers on.... and it Runs AWsome.... i think RS4 MT2 is JUST what your looking for....

heres a link to details.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFSK5&P=ML