looking for

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Getter1, Aug 11, 2006.

1. dfarrell

dfarrell Member

Still need testers?

If you need some one to test build you Roland CII, I would love to give it a try!
  2. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Sorry, but I haven't been following this thread until today. I could help also if needed.
  3. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey guys,

I got most of the parts in order, just need to get the panel lines on the body sections. Luckily the body of this aircraft is really clean, most of the lines are in the forward engine section. I still need to make a few detail parts but I can't seem to find any cockpit refrences (which is what delayed me all this time). I should just press on and get the cockpit done later :p

Alcides, dfarrell, rmks2000 I'll see what i can do about getting the file ready within the next week. She's really a suprisingly easy bird to build as was her main design phase.

Hee hee, if this one goes well my next project will be the XP-67 Moonbat :D

Getter 1
  4. clarklfarris

clarklfarris Member

Very nicely done. I agree. Use your model to produce a paper model........or just finish the balsa model. Some sanding sealer and paint and you're good to go. BTW. Love the tag line!
  5. Alcides

Alcides Member

No problem here. I'm patient if you need help I'm here.

6. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Any update?
  7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Dang.......... man I forgotten about this one:oops:

Yeah.................any updates?
  8. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

I still have to do the rest of the detail parts, the cockpit, and transfer the panel lines from the prototype to the parts sheets. I'm about 85% done before a coloring job can be done to it. Sorry guys I get side tracked too easily. After a crummy day at work doing the parts layout might be a good thing to do tonight :p

9. c wiseman

c wiseman New Member

Any progress on the C-II? I am very interested in a finished model since this is such an important plane, but rarely modelled. If there is no progess, any chance of you posting the 4-views you are working from? I have made my eyes bleed searching online for similar plans and have had no luck.

Anxiously awaiting ...well anything!

Chris Wiseman
  10. Janx

Janx Member

That looks intriguing Getter could turn me to the dark side and like WW1 aircraft, what am I saying....
  11. archangel1

archangel1 Member

Found a 3-view, if that's any help?

Check out the rest of the site. There's an amazing amount of useful material for WWI modellers.

Model Airplanes by Arizona Model Aircrafters , Model Airplanes by Arizona Model Aircrafters

Hope someone can pull off the Walfisch. It's always been one of my favourite Great War aircraft. Blame it on Airfix's ancient kit!

Mike :wave:
  12. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hello all,

Well well, I need to dust off the prototype and get this one on the floor. I got bogged down with the details, and then Summer duties at work just had me plain worn out, so I've not produced much at all lately.

I just need to get a seat for the pilot's compartment. The cockpit will be plain as I cannot find any good details of it. That's primarily what haulted progress. As fellow modelers you may understand not wanting to rush something done but in this case I may have no choice but to let the cockpit go.

I'll try to get it done soon, but be warned Janx's Alpha and the Locust posted by Rockpapersissors are heavy distractions :p

When I get the basics done I may be calling upon some test builders for opinions.

Getter 1
  13. c wiseman

c wiseman New Member

Archangel, thanks for the links, I have used material from Arizona hobbies before but had never stumbled upon the C-II 3 views (I was always looking under Roland, for some reason Luftfahrzeuggesellschaft didn't ever spring to my mind :rolleyes:

Getter, Just very intrigued by this plane, and since you were off to such a good start I would hate to see this project scrapped. As far as distractions, well... I'm soryy what was saying???

Janx all hobbies are the "dark side" WWI aircraft is just a lighter shade of dark!

Thanks all

Chris Wiseman
  14. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

c wiseman,

Here's a zip of the 3 views I used. They are much better than the one's in that link. I scanned them from a British aviation magazinge that I found on E-Bay.

Rolland refrences are so hard to find :(

Getter 1
  15. c wiseman

c wiseman New Member

Getter, Thank You, those are the best views of a CII that i have seen!

Much appreciated,

Chris Wiseman
  16. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Alright c wiseman It's your fault :p The Rolland became this day's distraction.

I Finished the transfers of the body detail from the prototype to the patterns. I then layed out the parts better and did a bit of clean up on them.

I just need to scan them in and finish the rest of the parts clean up.

When that's done I would like at least 2 beta builders. Alcides, you still intrested? I would then like a volunter to do the paint as I lack both a good program and the skills needed to do the paint job.

If I keep up the pace the beta should be ready by tomorrow.

Getter 1
  17. dansls1

dansls1 Member

I don't know how you feel about using other models as reference, but here's a pretty detailed plastic kit including some open views of his cockpit detail.
  18. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Thanks for the link. I had found some pics of the same model's interior before but the pics were not as good a quality as those :D Nothing too fancy in there.

Getter 1
  19. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Beta Ready!!!

Hello All,

The Beta model is ready. Is there anyone out there willing to take it on?

Oh thanks C. Wiseman for having the Muse kick me in the rear. It's really quite shameful how close I was to getting it to this point :p

Getter 1
  20. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

...................The sound of Crickets...........................