Looking for Writers for the TransAtlantik Papermodel Magazin

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by lighthouse, Apr 6, 2005.

1. lighthouse

lighthouse Member

We are looking for help for our TransAtlantik Papermodel Magazin. To be able publish the magazine we material from our cardmodeler fans. The requirements are easy. Just provide text in Word or any other text format and provide the picture separate. We will take care of the rest. So we hope that you join us in making a medium to exchange our expierence and fun of cardmodeling. If you interested please send an email to info@lighthousemodelart.com

2. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Thanks Ralf, and congrat's on a very nice magazine. All you shipbuilders should have particular use of the first issue. - Leif
  3. lighthouse

lighthouse Member

Aircraft missing

Hi Leif

Your absolutly right to much ship. I really would like to have at least the half of the magazine about aircraft. Just missing articles. I myself build ships, so I can help myself with this, but I really need aircraft. Can you supply material?
  4. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

I'll certainly keep it in mind, but I'm so darned slow building. What would really give you an edge would be to contact Swinger (from Poland) on this forum, and ask him for permission to edit some of his building tips for aircrafts into different small articles.

Most of his tips really are stand-alone, and applicable to other models, not just the ones he's building right now.

On the general technical side, Gil's numerous exploration of new techniques would of course be excellent for such a recurring series of tips. Just one page at a time, or even less, would provide you with departments that readers would like to come back to.

5. billmcc

billmcc Member

You don't have to write an article about building an entire aircraft. An article can also be about a specific technique or group of techniques.

I think an article on Swinger's techniques for detailing aircraft models is a very good idea. I will PM Swinger about this, since I am helping Ralf obtain material for aircraft articles to put in his new paper model magazine.

Ron has agreed to write an article on his technique for converting a butt joint into a connecting strip and former joint.

Many of our members are talented and knowledgeable paper model builders. I have seen a lot of threads that could be converted into great articles. This is a good way of sharing your skills with paper modelers all over the world.

Ralf will be publishing his magazine quarterly at first, so articles don't need to be done in a hurry.
  6. billmcc

billmcc Member

How about doing an article on how you added a prop motor and rechargeable power system to your P-39N Aircobra model?

You have already built that part of the model and taken the pictures. The only thing left to do is write the text for the article.
  7. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

OK. Good idea. Will think about that. Perhaps with the "Ruskie Cyklonski" as another example. - Leif
  8. Swinger

Swinger Member

I'll do my best. :)