Looking for White Pass & Yukon Route decals

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Tyron, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Tyron

Tyron New Member

Hi everyone,

I have two light-blue Alco diesel locos of the WP&YR, manufactured by LGB (G scale 1:22,5). Both have the road number 103. Of course I would like to renumber them.

Does anyone have decals for the loco shown below?

The exact scale is not really important as I will recreate the numbers as vector graphics anyways. More or less any kind of template will do, whether it's a half-used decal sheet, a hi-res scan sent by e-mail, a close-up photo of your decaled loco or some computer data. It doesn't matter if not all numerals are shown. Every little help is greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, CDS Lettering Ltd. — as far as I know, the only company that ever produced decals for this loco in G-scale — stopped their production about a year ago. It seems that neither CDS nor any of the dealers have the set 328 in stock anymore.

Thanks for your help.
  2. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Microscale produces decal sheets with letters or numbers in various type forms used by the railroads, and in various sizes on a sheet and various colors. I think they have black,. white, silver, gold, red, blue, or yellow. That looks like a common block style number. I don't think their number sets are scale specific, rather they have numbers from very small for n scale up to quite large sizes that would work on LGB.
  3. Tyron

Tyron New Member

Russ, thanks for the tipp. But I already checked their decals a while ago. None of the fonts match the White Pass numerals. I have more than 2000 fonts on my computer and I did an intensive research on the web. No result.

As far as I know the White Pass numbers where custom designed. So either I need somebody who still happens to have a 328 set from CDS or who can send me a couple of good photos.