Looking For Switch Stands...

Lighthorseman

Could anyone tell me who might make this sort of switch stand in O scale? It doesn't even have to work. (Like me!):D

I'd love to populate my layout with a few of these.

Thanks!

Attachments

• switch stand.jpg
    switch stand.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 322

billk

If you could find some sort of widget that resembles the base, looks like it would pretty easy to gin something together. Maybe the innards of a clicker ball point pen?

Lighthorseman

Great link, Andrew...Thanks!!

I ordered a six-pack of dummy stands...only $21.00 CAD. As soon as they get here, I'll post pictures.

Lighthorseman

They're Here!

Following the link Andrew provided, I picked up a six-pack of dummy "CPR Tall" stands. The Postage tape indicated that they were shipped the next day.:) It took Canada Post 3 weeks to get them from Ontario to Alberta.:eek:

These are beautiful virtually flash-free white metal castings. I used CA to attach the little roundy-thingys on.

I would highly recommend these. Check out the link Andrew posted. They make lots of HO stuff, too.

Attachments

• switch stands.jpg
    switch stands.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 210

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Hi Steve,

Those look great! Glad that Alder came through for you. He and his wife have always been very polite and professional and willing to "chat" at the shows where I have seen them. They do make nice stuff too!

Too bad about Canada Post - there's a reason they call it "snail mail"...

Andrew

jon-monon

J, I am planning to make some in N later this week, and if they come out well, I might sell some. These are HO.

Attachments

• painted.jpg
    painted.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 206

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Hey...

I wondered why this was dug up...! Yup - bought out a good year ago now I think. Thanks for the update :D :thumb:

Andrew