Looking For Switch Stands...

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by Lighthorseman, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Could anyone tell me who might make this sort of switch stand in O scale? It doesn't even have to work. (Like me!):D

I'd love to populate my layout with a few of these.

Attached Files:

2. billk

billk Active Member

If you could find some sort of widget that resembles the base, looks like it would pretty easy to gin something together. Maybe the innards of a clicker ball point pen?
  3. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

4. Lighthorseman

Great link, Andrew...Thanks!!

I ordered a six-pack of dummy stands...only $21.00 CAD. As soon as they get here, I'll post pictures.
  5. Lighthorseman

They're Here!

Following the link Andrew provided, I picked up a six-pack of dummy "CPR Tall" stands. The Postage tape indicated that they were shipped the next day.:) It took Canada Post 3 weeks to get them from Ontario to Alberta.:eek:

These are beautiful virtually flash-free white metal castings. I used CA to attach the little roundy-thingys on.

I would highly recommend these. Check out the link Andrew posted. They make lots of HO stuff, too.

Attached Files:

6. MasonJar

Hi Steve,

Those look great! Glad that Alder came through for you. He and his wife have always been very polite and professional and willing to "chat" at the shows where I have seen them. They do make nice stuff too!

Too bad about Canada Post - there's a reason they call it "snail mail"...

7. Lighthorseman

...Can't wait to have these guys actually set up on my layout. Will post at that point, too.:)
  8. jwmurrayjr

jwmurrayjr Member

Good link!

9. jland31

jland31 Member

N scale????

Where does one find these in N scale??
  10. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

J, I am planning to make some in N later this week, and if they come out well, I might sell some. These are HO.

Attached Files:

11. Tileguy

Tileguy Member

12. MasonJar

I wondered why this was dug up...! Yup - bought out a good year ago now I think. Thanks for the update :D :thumb: