Looking for Small LEDs

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
Has anyone ever run across an online distributer that sells 1.5mm LEDs? The smallest I have found is 3mm which in N scale works out to about 18" (if my math is correct :rolleyes: :D ) I know that they exist because I got some in a grab bag of LEDs and also have seen them in ready-made signals. Unfortunately the ones I have are all red and the factory signals are fairly expensive. I am hopeing to build some custom signal lights in N scale but haven't had any luck finding the LEDs or even the "grain of rice" size bulbs in the different colors. :mad: I am hoping that someone out there knows someplace that carries what I am looking for. :wave:
Thanks

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Try Mouser. I just looked in their catalog and they have T1 LED's in all colors including blue and white. There are pages and pages of all sorts of special shape and sizes of LEDs so you might find something even smaller. I don't know what it's like on their web site, but it's a start.

shortliner

Dec 23, 2004
Clark - Oddly enough, I sent this link to a mate yesterday - HIH
take a look - this was to do with fitting step lights to SD40, but would work for lights outside buildings etc - they take paypal

White (Surface) mount L.E.D's works Great for step & truck lighting... there so small that they will be lost under your Finger nail...But there hard to find I got mine from Germany... website link Below they take Paypal.... and are very bright..... Im starting a kato 80 mac project soon... and Rember to have that extra function on your decorder...

http://shop.dotlight.de/shop/product_info.php/cPath/167_172/products_id/410

Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands:cool:

tillsbury

Jul 18, 2004
NZ
seconded for www.ngineering.com -- almost everything I've bought from them turns out to be a must-have. The tiny leds are scarily tiny (1mm x 0.5mm), they also have .005" plate glass, and .004" stainless steel rod.... great service too...

Charles

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
Hi sdickson0211. I believe that dotlight is based in the UK. If not here is a link page that I am building that has links to a number of suppliers, OLHSs and other sites of intrest. It is at Hobby Links . Feel free to bookmark it if you would like. I try to update it often when I come across new sites. Hope it helps. :thumb: :thumb:

By the way, thanks to everyone who gave me tips on where to look for the lights. You can always count on getting good help from the Gaugers. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

sdickson0211

Jun 4, 2005
thanks and i must agree everyone is always so helpful and nice there doesnt seem to be any idiots on the forum.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
yellowlynn said:
sdickson0211, I take offence at your statement. I am not only an idiot, but a PERFECT idiot, and quite flowery because i'm a BLOOMING idiot. So there! :eek: :eek:

Lynn
Hey, hey, this is a train forum, no one here is PERFECT. If they were, we'd all have 100% at the top line (spend all my waking hours on MRR) on my "how much time..." poll. :D:D:D:D Dem's the ones dat got the time to be perfect....:thumb:

Now as far as being a blooming idiot, I'm sorry, but you'll have to go to a plant forum to get confirmation on that, no one here is qualified to make that assesment....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

shortliner

Dec 23, 2004
sdickson0211 said:
do any of you guys know of uk distributers as ive seen how helpful youve been to pitchwife!

All Components in Hereford are doing white 1.8mm LED's - see page 67a in current Railway Modeller
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands