Looking for several USAF aircraft

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by underwoodl06, Mar 11, 2012.

1. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

First off, thank you for at least looking in out of interest or for those that can be of assistance. :mrgreen:

I am currently serving on Active Duty for the United States Air Force, Edwards Air Force Base in California where a lot of flight test happens and I am very interested (after a two year hiatus) in getting back to the hobby.

I am asking anyone for any information or links to any of the aircraft below since I usually see them on base here and I think it would just go well with the theme here to have models commemorating my duty assignment. I am also looking for models with a good bit of detail.

The list includes:

A-10 Thunderbolt

B-52 - preferrably the B-52H in the current grey paint scheme

F-16 - C or D model is fine although I primary work with the D

RQ-4 Global Hawk

SR-71 Blackbird

U-2 Dragon Lady

XP-59A - preferrably in the old USAAF green or bare metal silver

That concludes the list for now and I appreciate anybody stopping in and helping out in any way possible. Thanks!
  2. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

3. ennder

ennder Member

4. Zathros

Zathros Guest

If you want detail, then Fiddler's Green would be a waste of time. They are simplistic models, which are nice, but would not quality as particularly accurate or detailed.

Ecardmodels has a pretty wide selection and the owner, Chris Gutzmer is a member here, I'm sure he would be happy to help you.
  5. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Yeah, I have known of fiddlersgreen and needless to say I don't look there much for any models. If you can turn Chris's attention to this thread, that would be great!
  6. aim1

aim1 Member

7. ssmeier

ssmeier New Member

Resizable 1-200 scale aircraft by Chiawatkom

Do an Advanced Search at http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/ for user name "chiawatkom".

All his designs are:
    *1-200 scale
    *PDFs are all vector (easily scalable)
    *No instructions (this is a challenge)
    *Most designs are flyable (see his YouTube videos of them in the air)

Two thread examples: