Looking for RS 1s

Greg Elems

Dec 19, 2002
Reno Nevada
Visit site
Chris, here is a shot of the Tidewater Southern RS-1. I scanned it from a slide I took in 1972. I have some B&W's some where if you are interested.

Greg Elems

Attachments

• ts 746.jpg
    ts 746.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 151

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
RS1s

You're talking one of my favorites here; but, unfortunately, I don't think I have any pix to share. If I should find something, however, I'll keep this thread in mind. I especially like Spokane International one with the typical Alco smoke.

Greg Elems

Dec 19, 2002
Reno Nevada
Visit site
Speaking of Spokane International, the WP bought two of their RS-1's for the Tidewater Southern. One still exists, land locked on the California North Coast, on what was the old NWP. It is in CCT paint, that has faded into pink now. Last I heard, it was runnable. I hope someone can save it, for a museum.

Greg Elems

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Thanks a bunch

Hi Those are great pics I think I am falling in LOVE with RS1:D

Greg Would you post your Black and white pics please I think B/W are great.
Thanks Dan I looked on the Fallen flags but couldnt find the RS1 mind you I had tears in me eyes have way through the list:( ;)

Hi Dave hope you can find a pic of your Favarite if not Pinch one from here.
:D
Again Thanks Guys, hope we get some more great shots.

DanRaitz

May 30, 2002
Maricopa, AZ, USA
Chris,

George's web page is sorted by Railroad. To find the shot of that SI RS-1 you have to go the "S" section and look under misc. "S" railroads. There is also a couple shots of an Ann Arbor RR RS-1 that you can find by looking up "Ann Arbor" in the "A" section.

I don't think that George has his page set up so that you can search by engine type/manufacture.

Dan

Greg Elems

Dec 19, 2002
Reno Nevada
Visit site
Chris, the problem was I didn't use Kodak K64 slide film. It was GAF film that deteriorated. I used an inexpensive slide scanner and played with the the scan to get what you see. If I took the scan and used Photoworkshop, it would probably look better. Now to find my B&W shots.

Greg

Peirce

Dec 28, 2000
Southbury, CT, USA
www.geocities.com
Here is an RS-1, showing off its Alco steam engine heritage at the Danbury Railway Museum.

039_A_RAILFAN_GETTING_HIS-vi.jpg

And a close-up of the sort hood end.

44379179IBDbaL_fs-vi.jpg

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
RS-1s

Great pictures. Pierce, the one with all the smoke at the DRM reminds me that I saw that happen on startup when I was there once; and I was told that, on at least one occasion, the neighbors called the Fire Department. You probably inow all about that; but the rest of the folks on The Gauge probably don't.

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
More RS 1 stuff

I forgot to add, in my last post, that I have a custom painted model of 0673, which I plan to have on display at the Finger Lakes Railfair (on a combined DRM/NHRHTA table) the last weekend in April.

If any Gaugers are going to be around the Central New York area then, stop by and say hello.