Looking for Romulian Bird of Prey TOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

OylPslyk

Aspiring Usurper
the Romulan BOP is 1/450, and of course i DO have a D-7&K'tinga in the pipe, as well as the Klingon BOP. all but the latter are still just prelim sketches though. I'd love to maka a Valdore though.... (new Rom BOP)

CJTK1701

Banned
OylPslyk said:
the Romulan BOP is 1/450, and of course i DO have a D-7&K'tinga in the pipe, as well as the Klingon BOP. all but the latter are still just prelim sketches though. I'd love to maka a Valdore though.... (new Rom BOP)

WHOOT! Is there any chance you can resize that for lil ole me? Looking forward to anything you have to post! WHOOT!

OylPslyk

Aspiring Usurper
been going over the files as well as Millenium's notes... I DO agree it needs to be a bit bigger, working now for 1/250, and is about 10"x14", and am incorporating better structural parts too. Decided to just Re-start the model and use the original for a study-model. shouldnt take too long to complete though, I did the 1st in about only 8-9 hours...

CJTK1701

Banned
OylPslyk said:
been going over the files as well as Millenium's notes... I DO agree it needs to be a bit bigger, working now for 1/250, and is about 10"x14", and am incorporating better structural parts too. Decided to just Re-start the model and use the original for a study-model. shouldnt take too long to complete though, I did the 1st in about only 8-9 hours...
You Da Man! Keep on Trekkin!:grin:

Millenniumfalsehood

I'm glad to know it's back in the works. I like the Bird of PRey design and it's the only one of the three major TOS designs that hasn't been done in paper(to my knowledge).

OylPslyk

Aspiring Usurper
Here's the new version, in BETA

Want to go ahead and drop this off, im still painting it-but still looks good....

BOP-TOS_Design.jpg

View attachment 11284

this one is much more filled out, but the core doesnt yet connect the wings and nacelles, however - they do fit now.

panzer

Millenniumfalsehood said:
I'm glad to know it's back in the works. I like the Bird of PRey design and it's the only one of the three major TOS designs that hasn't been done in paper(to my knowledge).

Actually, there has been a papermodel of this ship at the Papermodel Smartgroup. charliec wrote about it on the first page of this thread. It's a design by Marc Robitaille who also made the Klingon D7.

I wanted to build Marc's BOP next but it's not as detailled as OylPsyk's model and with broad dotted fold lines so I will wait:

RomBOP1.gif
RomBOP2.gif

Millenniumfalsehood

Eh, I forgot about that one. I built it once, but I really hated the design he used, because it's a direct copy of the original AMT Bird(I know, because I have one and they are almost exactly the same size). I'll be building that Bird of Prey tonight. I'll let you know how it turns out. :)

OylPslyk

Aspiring Usurper
Sometimes I'm just an Idiot!!

I was just made aware that I goofed on the scale with this thing!

Its actually 1/25 scale, not the 1/250 I labeled it!

thanks for the heads up Joe!

MOS95B

Any chance of a new attachment/download?? The only version I have is from back in March (if the date modified is to be believed) and is covered in lines....

col. kurtz

romulan paper model

here is a paper model of the romulan bird of prey that i have had on disk since about 2003 or 2004 and ive just found the disk in one of my folders (with bout 200 other disks ) i carnt remeber who was the designer but it was a freeware item when i downloaded it then
hope you all like it !!!

kaplaa !!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• page2c.jpg
    page2c.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 29
  • page1c.jpg
    page1c.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 23
  • page3c.jpg
    page3c.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 24