Looking for pictures on logging railroad?

gregbva123

Mar 14, 2003
VA
Visit site
I am lloking for pictures on a logging railroad for HO Scale. I have my layout built, but there is not enough more for a mountain area leaving the layout. My layout starting at the left is 4 feet wide then turns into 2 1/2 feet wide and back to 4 feet wide (U-Shaped layout). I want to add a logging railroad on top of the entire layout close to the wall and still see the rest of the layout. Maybe a back and forth one? Any Suggestions one this?

Thanks,
Greg

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Hi greg, Shamus will probably give you an answer in the logging forum tomorrow. He's in the UK so it's night there now. Meanwhile, you might look at the track plans section, where there have been some similar questions lately. Maybe not an exact fit for you, but might stir up some thoughts!

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I was at my local hobby shop yesterday and noticed a new annual from "Fine Scale Railroader" titled "2003 Logging, Mining, And Industrial Railroading," or close to that. I browsed through it, but noticed that most articals were on logging or mining, rather than industrial. I'm more interrested in industrial modeling, but you might find something of interrest there if you can find a copy.